transmission

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

transmission

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Hi all
Doe's anyone know a formula to work out what gearbox gear (gear in gearbox ) to speedo to use for a 305 chev /turbp 350 i think the roll measurement may be needed but at this point in time that is unknown till tomorrow hope you know what i mean.
Billy
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Errol62
State: SA

Re: transmission

Post by Errol62 »

Best way I've found is road test Billy. Not much help if you don't have a gear to start with. They usually have around 20 teeth. Each tooth you add slows the Speedo by around 5%.

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
WesternWagon
State: WA

Post by WesternWagon »

Few calculators on line that may help

Regards

Gazza
Member : Holden Car Club WA.
:ASRF Member
: Secretary FB/EK holden Club of WA.
Harv

Post by Harv »

You'll need to know what colour drive gear is already inside the box. You can then pick a driven gear to suit (can change both if needs be).

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18598&p=189353&hil ... ur#p189353

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Billy , TCI transmissions website has a real good calculator, also tells you what colour the gears are so you can see the colour of your drive gear inside the box and try and match a driven gear to it - all you need to know is your diff gear ratio and rear tyre size , if you don’t know tyre height there is a calculator to work that out online too just Google tyre size calculator and put your size in and it will give you the height
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
BILLY BLACKARROW

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/transmission- ... gears.html
Blacky I found the website you suggested but cant find the calculator
Harv read your earlier post ( a bit technical for me never was any good at math )
Where can i buy the gears locally any ideas
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Harv

Post by Harv »

327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.