Horn contacts

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Horn contacts

Post by Blacky »

avm wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:12 pm Hi there, Do we still have a couple of those contacts that I could buy? My EK's horn does not work and I suspect that the switch/contact area is responsible.
I still haven't finished making them ....... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FBeing »

I'll take a set when you get around to making them too Blacky if that's cool?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I had 20 of the contacts machined up so forum members and club members get first option , if there's any left they will be offered on Bookface - I may have to get more done I think , plenty of people chasing them ......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

FBeing

Post by FBeing »

I haven't been on the forum for donkeys, my horn decided it didn't want to work today. I suspect it a contact issue! Logged on and saw your post... from... some time ago lol

If not enough that's fine, not on FaceAche so that's no go for me
avm
State: VIC

Post by avm »

Another thing - if there are parts of the horn mechanism that can be 3D printed, then I'd be happy to give that a try. All that I would probably need is for someone to either lend to me a sample of the part to be printed (even if it's cracked or worn), or for someone to supply me information about the geometry (e.g. scale drawings). For example (and a highly fictitious example): If the part consists of a plastic ring having 75mm outer diameter, 58mm inner diameter, total thickness 3.2mm with a 4mm square north cut out of the outer edge at the 12-o'clock position, then that's the sort of thing I should be able to model and print for testing.
Project ICKPA.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

avm wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:10 pm Another thing - if there are parts of the horn mechanism that can be 3D printed, then I'd be happy to give that a try. All that I would probably need is for someone to either lend to me a sample of the part to be printed (even if it's cracked or worn), or for someone to supply me information about the geometry (e.g. scale drawings). For example (and a highly fictitious example): If the part consists of a plastic ring having 75mm outer diameter, 58mm inner diameter, total thickness 3.2mm with a 4mm square north cut out of the outer edge at the 12-o'clock position, then that's the sort of thing I should be able to model and print for testing.
I'm surprised more bits aren't 3D printed to be honest , the FB/EK chairs we raffled at the 2018 Nationals had some 3D printed parts in them

motorhead
State: VIC

Post by motorhead »

Putting my hand up 100% for a set of horn contacts, ready with payment when requested.
I don't have a headlight switch or original button or bezel either. Marty
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

motorhead wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:42 pm Putting my hand up 100% for a set of horn contacts, ready with payment when requested.
I don't have a headlight switch or original button or bezel either. Marty
Welcome to the forum Marty,

Headlight switches can be bought new , I have a couple here or you can get them from Rare Spares

In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Blacky, I think there are a queue of people waiting outside your shed for horn contacts……………… no pressure :lol:
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

In the Shed wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:42 pm Blacky, I think there are a queue of people waiting outside your shed for horn contacts……………… no pressure :lol:
yeah i may need to move this up the list - funny part is I got a couple from Dudleys yard at Nuriootpa nats so I dont actually need any for myself any more .......

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

You mean the brissy boys didn’t rat them all by then?

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:37 pm You mean the brissy boys didn’t rat them all by then?

They got most of them but I still managed to find a few 👍

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

OK kids - they are FINALLY ready 😎😎😎

Not by me though - I was talking to a bloke in Perth about having sunvisor ends made and I mentioned to him that I was partway through making these things and he said that he would be happy to make them so I helped him out with a couple of things and now they are ready for sale.

His name is Richard and he owns a company called Billetworks, their main gig is building collapsible steering columns for earlies but he also makes lots of FX/FJ bits including hubcaps, FX grille badges , grey motor harmonic balancer removal and installation tools , etc etc .

Their number is 08 9309 2080 and the contacts are $75 including a new bush to fit into the steering wheel.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

And here’s a picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS

Post by BS »

Good stuff blacky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk