fb ek nationals

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FireKraka
State: WA

Re: fb ek nationals

Post by FireKraka »

Hey Harv how long are you over here in the land of wonder 😜🤣🤣 and where are you mate.
Regards
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

FireKraka wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:37 am Hey Harv how long are you over here in the land of wonder 😜🤣🤣 and where are you mate.
Regards
Neil
PM sent.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Fex
State: QLD

Post by Fex »

Errol62 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:20 pm
Fex wrote:If anyone is coming into Toowoomba from the south (Gore Highway via Gundy/Millmerran) or west (Warrego highway), or anywhere really, and needs somewhere close to Toowoomba to do anything on their car you’re more than welcome to use my shed. The only thing is I’m at Biddeston which is about 25-30mins west of the city and have about 300m of gravel driveway. I’ve got a concrete floor, trolley Jack and basic tools. So if you get stuck and it’s of any help, give me a buzz. I’ll probably still in the shed phaffing on the EK!

Cheers, Andrew
Thanks Andrew,
Three cars coming from SA via Goondiwindi. May call in and say hello if you're around.
Cheers,
Clay

FB ute driver, EK van project
Will make sure I’m here if you have time to stop in 👍. It’s been a good year this year so got plenty of water too if you want to give the cars a tub. What day are you planning to arrive in Toowoomba?

Cheers, Andrew

Cheers, Andrew
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Mid Friday Andrew. Will confer with Roger and Lenny. Both have handbrakes to consider

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Fex
State: QLD

Post by Fex »

All good Clay. Depending on how the trip goes you might all be keen to get to the destination by that time. I’ll be home either way.

Cheers, Andrew
igor

Post by igor »

Arrived home an hour a go. Very tired but happy we decided at the last minute to make the adventure.
It was great catching up with our "Once a year family"
Tomorrow the poor old panelvan gets some true loving, it will take more than a few days. It was serviced before we left here now 2 weeks later due for another one. :-)
See you next year :thumbsup:
Roger and Lesley
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

we got home about an hour ago as well , no trouble getting into WA through the McGowan iron curtain :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
igor

Post by igor »

We stressed coming to the border, even though we had all receipts, border travel papers etc (because SA had shut the border to Sydney hot spot area)
There were NO-one on the border, so we thought that the fruit/vegie quarantene station would be it.
We saw several NSW cars pass us, not saying they were from the hotspots but.............. (no one to check)
Back of panelvan checked for food, and on our way. :-)
Back to the real world now
Glad you arrived back home with no dramas :thumbsup:
62ekute
State: ACT

Post by 62ekute »

Blacky wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:43 pm we got home about an hour ago as well , no trouble getting into WA through the McGowan iron curtain :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
Looks like you got back just in time.

Picked the missus up last night from the airport. Travel from ACT is okay ... but waited for 1 hour and 40 mins for the passengers from the previous flight from NSW to be processed (hopefully correctly)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

62ekute wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:14 pm
Blacky wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:43 pm we got home about an hour ago as well , no trouble getting into WA through the McGowan iron curtain :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
Looks like you got back just in time.

You're not wrong, got a text last night saying we had to isolate and be tested etc before we could leve the house again so I rang them to see whats going on. Turns out anyone who was in NSW from June 11 had to lock down , we left NSW on the 10th :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Re-entered SA 2pm Thursday July 1 and tested negative at Lameroo 2:30pm CST. Fuel stop Tailem Bend. Home 6:30pm. Unloaded in shed while wife and son vacated the house. They stayed the night at friends around the corner, then moved to a holiday house at Port Willunga. Great beach weather, it’s hardly stopped raining and not got above 13C! Accomodation is readily available due to all the cancelled NSW school holidayers.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie