Accelerator Pedal Replacement

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

NigelM
State: VIC

Accelerator Pedal Replacement

Post by NigelM »

Original pedal has given up the ghost. Replacement part from Rare spares purchased. I have fitted it but can't get the linkage to line up with the hole in the new pedal. I can't find anywhere to adjust the linkage. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks
Errol62
State: SA

Re: Accelerator Pedal Replacement

Post by Errol62 »

There is some adjustment at the carb end on the outer end of the lever that swings off the firewall. Some models also had an adjustable rod st the pedal end, I think possibly Hydramatic, but not sure. I have heard before of the rare spares pedal levers not lining up with original in some cases. Have you compared it with your old one?

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

There is a suprising amount of "bend" available in the pedal assembly too.

Before installing, check that the pedal has the welds done correctly. Rares rectified the issue some time back, but there may still be some old stock floating around with the issue. More info here:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... es#p244686

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
NigelM

Post by NigelM »

I've had the old one welded back together it its working like a charm at the moment. The rare spares one is just the wrong size/shape and with no way to adjust the linkage easily it wasn't going to work.

Thanks for all your advice.
fraze

Post by fraze »

I fitted a Rare Spares Accelerato :vecctor: r pedal to my FB - it just dropped straight in, no problems! Cheers, Fraze. :vecctor: