VH44 remote booster

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

VH44 remote booster

Post by Blacky »

Thought I would fit one to my ute as the wife complains about the pedal effort required to stop the jigger so I trundled up to EKMart as I have had a boxed up one in there for years , unwrapped it and it’s a VH 40 🤬 dug a bit deeper and found 3 more - all VH40’s 🤬🤬🤬
Anyone looking to swap a 40 for a 44 or failing that , anyone selling one or used one of the Ching Chong ones on EBay with any success ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Re: VH44 remote booster

Post by Errol62 »

PMd you Blacky

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
fraze
State: VIC

Post by fraze »

I tried one of the Chinese VH44 copies on my FC sedan. Was plagued by a sticking valve in the unit so in frustration i removed it and sent it back to the (ebay) vendor. Mercifully he acknowledged that the valve was a problem and gave me my money back. i bought a "proper" VH44 off Hydroboost and that works fine. Cheers, Fraze
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Don't know about the Chinese ones, other than how cheap they are.

I wonder about the difference between the two. I'm sure I put a VH40 on my wifes stock FC years ago and worked fine. I've known cars running discs with no booster successfully. I wonder if the VH44 would do the trick for the HR disc conversion on my ute. Would save me setting up different brackets in the engine bay if it did.

EK van on rotisserie
ardiesse
State: NSW

Post by ardiesse »

Clay,

VH44 is a little underboosted for front discs. You end up having slightly more pedal effort than with a standard drum setup. VH40 is the go. And you can adapt the VH44 brackets to take a VH40 by adding a little metal here and there.

Rob
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks Rob.
What's the go Blacky? Happy to swap.

EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Dumb question #2 , whats stopping me from using a VH40 on a 4 wheel drum setup ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

ardiesse
State: NSW

Post by ardiesse »

Sneeze factor is why a VH40 is not recommended for a 4-wheel drum setup. You'd lock the brakes with a fingertip application of the brake pedal.

Rob
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ardiesse wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:31 pm Sneeze factor is why a VH40 is not recommended for a 4-wheel drum setup. You'd lock the brakes with a fingertip application of the brake pedal.

Rob
Guessing that was the problem with my HK sedan back in the day , was talking to Clay about it this morning, if you hit the brakes a TINY bit too hard it would lock the wheels - loads of fun in the wet in Sydney traffic .......

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Looks like I have scored a VH44 from one of our local club members :thumbsup: :thumbsup: cheers Blackdog 8) 8)

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

EK van on rotisserie
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

ardiesse wrote:Sneeze factor is why a VH40 is not recommended for a 4-wheel drum setup. You'd lock the brakes with a fingertip application of the brake pedal.

Rob
VH44 is fine Rob - pretty hard to lock them up - that was the one recommended to me by hydroboost and works very well on drums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will find me lost somewhere!
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hey Blacky I thought I posted a reply to this yesterday I am pretty sure I have a 44 in the sea container at home that you can have if you like I will have to dig it out to check so just let me know mate.
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FireKraka wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:11 am Hey Blacky I thought I posted a reply to this yesterday I am pretty sure I have a 44 in the sea container at home that you can have if you like I will have to dig it out to check so just let me know mate.
Neil
Cheers mate , a new member who has a ute and lives just around the corner from me - Blackdog - has one he is not using but it has an issue with it - apparently feels "notchy" when used - I will chuck a rebuild kit through it and see how it goes, if it doesn't come good I will give you a call :thumbsup:

FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Cheers
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)