Anzac day weekender to Bunbury

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in W.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, WA Mod

Blacky
State: WA

Anzac day weekender to Bunbury

Post by Blacky »

Hi everybody,

Time to check the oil and pump the tyres up , we are off to Bunbury for the Anzac day weekend !!!!

We plan to head off Saturday morning to Bunbury, we will meet at Muzz Buzz at South Lake at 8am , leave at 8:30 and head to the Crooked Carrot Cafe for morning tea then into Bunbury for a wander around town and do whatever you please.
Sunday we can head out to the Dardanup Museum which is a real eye opener, we went there after the Nationals and had to drag everyone out of there to keep to our schedule !!
Monday is the car show , it is a lock in from 9 until 3 and a $20 entry fee payable on the day so we either enter the show or just go for a look and then head off to try to beat the traffic back in to Perth - or you can stay again Monday night and head home Tuesday .

These weekenders have been a real hoot , always lots of fun and laughs so get amongst it !!!! Links below to the show and some of the accommodation options - the Lighthouse seems to have plenty of rooms and reasonably secure parking , is around $140 a night for most places .

Show - BGMM BIKE & CAR SHOW N SHINE
https://stayhappening.com/e/bgmm-bike-a ... 2ISTHW0IAJ

Museum - https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attracti ... ralia.html

Accommodation - https://www.booking.com/searchresults.e ... &from_sf=1

Kind Regards

FB EK Holden WA Car Club
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
60Special

Re: Anzac day weekender to Bunbury

Post by 60Special »

We will be back in town by then and keen to go. Not sure what’s happening with new work rosters yet. May even zip down for a day visit if not possible to do the whole weekend.
Last time I took the van down the freeway ( Feb ) they sent me a letter and photo for cruising at 117 mph. 😂
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

60Special wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 pm Last time I took the van down the freeway ( Feb ) they sent me a letter and photo for cruising at 117 mph. 😂
Mph :shock: or km/h :oops: ?

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

60Special wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 pm We will be back in town by then and keen to go. Not sure what’s happening with new work rosters yet. May even zip down for a day visit if not possible to do the whole weekend.
Last time I took the van down the freeway ( Feb ) they sent me a letter and photo for cruising at 117 mph. 😂
Sweet , be great if you can make the whole weekend , Lindsay and Janessa are out unfortunately ........ :(

117 MPH !!! lucky you still have a licence :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

60Special

Post by 60Special »

Oops, 117 kph on the freeway. I was doing mph driving down from Broome. Had to slow down a bit when passing through the city.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We have booked a room at the lighthouse
https://app-apac.thebookingbutton.com/p ... r_adults=2

FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Robyn and I will probably bring Frank down for the show day mate have you got an idea where we can meet up so we go in with the club?? or Trev maybe we catch up with you on the freeway heading down and go in together.
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

So far its just Shahni and I going I think ...... we can sort it out on the day mate.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

New departure point seeing as none of the Northeners are coming - Kelmscott McDonalds at 8:30 , we will head down the inland road and stay away from the traffic on the freeway. Morning Tea at Pinjarra at the bakery then off to Wellington Dam and lunch at a brewery nearby. So far we have 5 starters 8)

FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Robyn and I will be in Bunbury early Saturday so we will catch up with you guys later in the day maybe at the hotel :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

well - thats the end of that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

3 day lockdown for the long weekend thanks to the corona panic ................... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brett027
State: NSW

Post by Brett027 »

What a shame. Looks like Victoria may not be far behind.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

i guess theres a baby bonus coming :clap: