Wheel Visualiser

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Wheel Visualiser

Post by EK283 »

I come across this site looking for tyres and because I want to upgrade my wheels to 15 inch.

https://www.autoaddictions.com/wheel-visualizer/

Hours of fun, you can load a picture of your car and try all wheel types and sizes to suite your taste.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
BILLY BLACKARROW

Re: Wheel Visualiser

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Greg
What size are you running now width and height and what are you doing with old one's may be interested in them if selling .I have same wheel pattern and HQ stud pattern as you I have 14 front 15 back that may be a problem with engineer don't know yet???
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Hi there Bill,

I have at the moment 14 x 6 front HQ pattern and 14 x7 rear Fraud Pattern, Dragway prostars.

I want to change them to a different style but use 15 x 6 and 15 x 7 or 15 x 7 and 15 x 8.

All the wheels seem to 15 x 7 or 8 but you have to watch the offset and track.

The RMS rules say you can increase the track by 25mm but they don't really say much about decreasing the track or at least I can't find it ?

Your wheels should be ok engineering wise, what width are they ?

Greg
Last edited by EK283 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harv

Post by Harv »

I wonder if the Visualiser can visualise 20” wheels on an EK?

Bigbird had trouble Visualising it... :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:39 am I wonder if the Visualiser can visualise 20” wheels on an EK?

Bigbird had trouble Visualising it... :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
whatever happened to that clown I wonder ?????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
BILLY BLACKARROW

Greg
My wheels are prostar 6"x 14" front 8" x 15" rear HZ stud pattern Shortened 9" fraud . I herd lately that you cant have two different dimension wheels don't know if it is true or not??. Porsche 911 have 18" x 9' front 19" x 10" rear they clam it gives better handling .
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
EK283

Post by EK283 »

BILLY BLACKARROW wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:45 am Greg
My wheels are prostar 6"x 14" front 8" x 15" rear HZ stud pattern Shortened 9" fraud . I herd lately that you cant have two different dimension wheels don't know if it is true or not??. Porsche 911 have 18" x 9' front 19" x 10" rear they clam it gives better handling .
Not true Bill,

There is scope for different diameter wheels, when you read the VSB14 it states that wheels on an axle must be the same eg front or rear.

There is allowable limits in general but if engineered there should be no issue.

What size are your tyres on the rear ?

Greg
BILLY BLACKARROW

Greg
195/65R 14 89H Front
225/60R 15 96V Rear
EK283 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:22 pm There is scope for different diameter wheels, when you read the VSB14 it states that wheels on an axle must be the same eg front or rear.

There is allowable limits in general but if engineered there should be no issue.

What size are your tyres on the rear ?

Greg
That is good news I lost a lot of sleep over that You have something to do with the checking I thought I read that you said that somewhere
BILLY BLACKARROW
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Yes Bill for my club and conditional rego.

Nice tyre size choice by the way, how much room do you have in the rear from the tyre to the guard lip approx ?

Greg
BILLY BLACKARROW

Greg
Not sure now as the wheels aren't on the car but they sit in the middle of wheel arch I rolled the lip and took that little piece to the chase out They fit real well Front may be a problem on turns as I have 2" drop spindles and lowed springs should sit nice when the motor goes in
BILLY BLACKARROW