My new daily

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mph
State: WA

Re: My new daily

Post by mph »

fb delivery wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:53 am Arn't the Bunderas a 74 series
I might be thing of the HZJ 76
i have HJ 75 with a12HT and a HZJ 75
No the bundera was a 70 or 71 depending on motor and swb
The "prado" 1990 - 1996 with hilux motor and box (previously bundera 85-89 in Aus) could be had in swb 70 71, mwb 73, 4 door wagon 77 and 78 series, same body as current 4 door wagon wagon but shorter nose cone to suit 4cyl. Dont be confused with the current 4 door land cruiser being a prado as its a continue on from the 1990 hzj77 wagon which has the heavy duty running gear same as hzj75 etc.
This is why the new prados are called landcruiser prado as they once shared the same body firewall back as the landcruiser
hilux front diff only same thing to a landcruier was the ring gear size. hilux front diff used the same as "rear diff" so the drive was on the weaker side of the gears, the landcruiser front diff 8" but reverse cut much stronger

That hilux gearbox r151 came behind the 1hz 105 series and hzj78 troopy and hzj79 series
The v8 ,turbo 6 and petrol landcruiser come with the big box h150 or h151.
sorry im a full landcruiser geek
My child hood was old holdens and old 40-47 series landcruisers
Well done Errol they are a nice wagon and a sweet note from a muffler delete.
If you want comfier seats for the missus NZ seems to have a lot of wrecked jdm kzj78 wagons
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

mph wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:01 pm
Need more info on this please Clint ????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Patrick_R
State: NSW

Post by Patrick_R »

Can’t argue with any of that chaps.

The certainly are bulletproof.
And that’s exactly what we need in this country for people that like to keep a car for a long time.
Simplicity is king.

Problem is, cars haven’t been simple for a long long time.

Unfortunately most don’t think the way we do anymore.
All they want is the latest and greatest, and are happy to be one of the disposable generation of car owners.
fb delivery
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by fb delivery »

mph wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:01 pm
fb delivery wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:53 am Arn't the Bunderas a 74 series
I might be thing of the HZJ 76
i have a HJ 75 with a12HT and a HZJ 75
No the bundera was a 70 or 71 depending on motor and swb
The "prado" 1990 - 1996 with hilux motor and box (previously bundera 85-89 in Aus) could be had in swb 70 71, mwb 73, 4 door wagon 77 and 78 series, same body as current 4 door wagon wagon but shorter nose cone to suit 4cyl. Dont be confused with the current 4 door land cruiser being a prado as its a continue on from the 1990 hzj77 wagon which has the heavy duty running gear same as hzj75 etc.
This is why the new prados are called landcruiser prado as they once shared the same body firewall back as the landcruiser
hilux front diff only same thing to a landcruier was the ring gear size. hilux front diff used the same as "rear diff" so the drive was on the weaker side of the gears, the landcruiser front diff 8" but reverse cut much stronger

That hilux gearbox r151 came behind the 1hz 105 series and hzj78 troopy and hzj79 series
The v8 ,turbo 6 and petrol landcruiser come with the big box h150 or h151.
sorry im a full landcruiser geek
My child hood was old holdens and old 40-47 series landcruisers
If you want comfier seats for the missus NZ seems to have a lot of wrecked jdm kzj78 wagons
Thanks for that
I'am sill learning this new jap stuff
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Yes, thanks Clint and others. I've had the early body 4.2 diesel 4 spd drum brakes cig lighter, not even a radio, tray top circa 1978. Then 80 and 100 series DX. Got pretty good at the slingshot overtake. No turbo. Spoilt now.

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

And a 92 V6 4Runner while we’re talking Toyota’s. Nice car but dud motor. Should have got a diesel. I’d probably still have it if I had.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

overtaking 4 trailer road trains in a 75 series ute with the 1HZ donk was an exercise in patience, even on the road from Kalgoorlie to Wiluna where there is bugger all traffic and pretty flat it would take a bug runup and a couple of kays to get around the bastards .....

oh , and over here we call them tribe carriers not troop carriers :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

It's pretty sad to see the V8 200 is now extinct as a new car - driving them is such a good experience.
Ive had the 200 with KDSS suspension for a few years now and should be trading it in the next 12 months and will likely get more than I paid for it which is just nuts.
Won't be an easy decision to sell - it's like driving a merc they are so smooth and powerful like no other toyo I have driven - once those twin snails kick in your off to the races and thats even without the engine tricks you can play with them these days.
Was going to set it up as a cruiser but the huge issue with the VX and sahara is the spare wheel - underneath - just stupid for any type of touring - need the GXL with the barn doors - nothings perfect.
You will find me lost somewhere!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I've heard the engine bay is pretty tight if you need any work done in there. The premium for an extra 50kw.

Spare on a wagon is ever an issue. Slashed sidewalls driving over mallee roots in paddocks. Then I'm not a fan of putting it on the back either. Especially on a work car, where you are in and out for tools and equipment. My first 76 I reversed 50metres with the rear doors open and had to reset the hinges on the door carrying the spare. They bent. On the roof is a manual handling, clearance and fuel consumption issue.

EK van on rotisserie
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Errol62 wrote:I've heard the engine bay is pretty tight if you need any work done in there. The premium for an extra 50kw.

Spare on a wagon is ever an issue. Slashed sidewalls driving over mallee roots in paddocks. Then I'm not a fan of putting it on the back either. Especially on a work car, where you are in and out for tools and equipment. My first 76 I reversed 50metres with the rear doors open and had to reset the hinges on the door carrying the spare. They bent. On the roof is a manual handling, clearance and fuel consumption issue.

The best solution is on a rear bar carrier - Ive had a 35 inch on hd rim with chainsaw and recovery gear mounted on my fj for 150,000 k’s and no issues - swings out when you open the door so no extra handling and no stress on door hardware - Kaymar make a heap of toyo options in Aus - not cheap but good - mine is a US brand called expedition one - had to reinforce some crappy welds when it first arrived but they compensated me so was all good in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will find me lost somewhere!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Alright if you are opening the rear now and again but in my work it is in and out every few minutes sometimes. I don’t like barn doors either. Park on a slope and they won’t stay open. No gate to sit on. Can’t drive with rear open for quick access. This is why most of the guys go for a pod canopy but obvious limits there as well.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Yep 10.9 l/100km after another 750 km around home. At work I generally get more like 15 to 20. Obviously being worked a bit harder than what it's doing now.

EK van on rotisserie
fb cruisin

Post by fb cruisin »

Blacky wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:22 pm
fb delivery wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:27 pm A 76 series
Arn't they the ones with a Hilux front diff and gearbox
The Bunderas were like that - short wheelbase Cruiser wagon with Hilux running gear , horrible bloody things
The Bunderas and also 80 and live axle 100's used a high pinion 8 inch crown wheel, which is the same size as the old Hilux. The only thing is the Hilux was a low pinion. The high pinion are venerable in reverse, and that is the weak point.
Cheers Rob

Post by fb cruisin »

fb cruisin wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:16 am
Blacky wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:22 pm
fb delivery wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:27 pm A 76 series
Arn't they the ones with a Hilux front diff and gearbox
The Bunderas were like that - short wheelbase Cruiser wagon with Hilux running gear , horrible bloody things
The Bunderas and also 80 and live axle 100's used a high pinion 8 inch crown wheel, which is the same size as the old Hilux. The only thing is the Hilux was a low pinion. The high pinion are venerable in reverse, and that is the weak point.
Cheers Rob
Sorry guys forgot to add, this was only the front diff.
Cheers Rob

Post by Errol62 »

I'm told the Nissan diffs are better. Must be the only good bits.

EK van on rotisserie