My new daily

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: My new daily

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:55 am Uh huh. Fancy up market ute mate. You must be loaded 8) 8)

FB ute driver, EK van project
Company supplied mate , no way I would pay $80+ k for one of these ...... plus the fact that a GX was a 9 month wait .....
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

I would of bought the alloys off you too - need to swap these out on the 60 as they are 15's - want to go back to 17's or at least 16's to make it handle better.
Had a quick look over it today straight off the truck - has a few rust spots on the roof Channel but expected that but other wise rust free which was my biggest fear so big tick there - has a big lift I will need to change given the current laws but can put the Daka OME kit on to it to be legal - new wheels and tyres - rear bar with carrier - front winch bar and some general maintenance and it's a pretty solid truck for the boy - already has dual batteries - long range tank - solar - awning - draws with fridge slide - among other bits and bobs
If anyone has a set of wheels that will fit a 61 in good nick let me know.

Needs a rear sway bar as well - been removed.
Blacky wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:24 am
Errol62 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:04 am And just remind me why fleets always fit Sunraysias even though they no longer come factory with split rims. Personally I'd rather have the factory steelies.

There is ONE minesite that wont allow alloy wheels on site so we ordered it with these wheels, cost an extra $850 and the stealer kept the factory alloys :evil: I told our purchasing people to just buy it with the standard alloys and get the steelies fitted afterwards so we can sell the original wheels but apparently that was all too hard :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: easy when its not your money ...........................
You will find me lost somewhere!
fb cruisin
State: NSW

Post by fb cruisin »

FJWALLY wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:43 am Just bought this hj61 for number 1 to cut his teeth Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's a tidy old girl, there will be many memories made driving this around the countryside.
Cheers Rob

Post by Blacky »

FJWALLY wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:32 pm I would of bought the alloys off you too -
They wouldnt fit mate - 5 stud ......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Blacky wrote:
FJWALLY wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:32 pm I would of bought the alloys off you too -
They wouldnt fit mate - 5 stud ......
Going to try and get away with the ones on it but thinking the offset is too much - HJ’s were stock 29 inch and these are 33’s so with a 2 inch lift they should be ok but they stick out past front guards a little too much

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Clark rubber $25 rubber flares?

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Has fibreglass flares already which are starting to deteriorate so will probably have to go at some point.
The wheel offset is pretty large - have a road worthy monday to see whats required - have a 4wd wrecker just near work and he has a Lovells spring set in decent condition that is a 2 inch lift with Koni shocks if the one thats on it wont pass roadworthy - a quick tidy up and coat of paint and it will be a cheap option to get him on the road - a new set of rubbers and it's a good option.
They tyres are brand new and Nitto A/T's so a decent tyre - at worst we swap them onto another rim option - they are 33's so still legal here.
Steering is a bit wandering
A new hose and belt set will be a must after a really good de-grease and wash
big ticket items like the front and rear bars can wait until he saves some $ or sells his other car.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

That’s better - ugly but functional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Blacky wrote:That’s better - ugly but functional

Didnt know they still made them or is that a home job Blacky?

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Bought it at the dealership mate just have to paint it

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

The young bloke just bought this -

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Upmarket with cloth and carpet! Looks very clean. If it weren’t for the wheels I’d say old buffers car. Never had a bar on it?

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Probably , I haven't actually seen it yet,, I am up in the Territory......

FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Looks very neat Blacky - is that an 83/84? Can't remember when they changed the headlights to the square twin set up.

Lowering the sons one this week to improve the handling a bit - they were a bit of a boat regardless
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FJWALLY wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:33 am Looks very neat Blacky - is that an 83/84? Can't remember when they changed the headlights to the square twin set up.

Lowering the sons one this week to improve the handling a bit - they were a bit of a boat regardless
Dunno mate, I fly home tomorrow so I will see it soon enough - he doesn't have much idea with cars, only started showing an interest in them in the last year or so , I am hoping its not a bogged up ex fishermans rig :esurprised: