LED Park & Flashers

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

LED Park & Flashers

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

I have put LED Park & flasher bulb Park White Flasher Orange BUT they are very bright , I am wondering if there is any legal requirements for these the park lights ( white ) look like daytime running lights they even look brighter than the seal beam head light I am using a test battery a small 12volt battery from JayCar not a lot of AMP hours but doing the job
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Harv

Re: LED Park & Flashers

Post by Harv »

To the best of my knowledge, there are no requirements for brightness (I could be wtong) as FB/EKs are pre-ADR.

For NSW, the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2017 requires parking lamps for anything built after 1953. It sets dimensions/locations, but not brightness.

For later cars, Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 86/00 – Parking Lamps) 2016 may apply. This gives an acceptable range of 2-60 candella for forward facing lamps, and 2-30 candella for rearward facing lamps.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

But thed front parkers must be white light, not amber? I was thinking of putting tinted incandescent globes in my front parker indicator sockets.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
BILLY BLACKARROW

Thanks Harv
I have put a white cap over the LED inside the outer lens it's not touching the LED so should not melt (I HOPE ) :ughh: :ughh: :grinnn:

Clay
BILLY BLACKARROW wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:48 pm I have put LED Park & flasher bulb Park White Flasher Orange
They work really well
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks Bill. I've got a few incandescent globes lying around and want to use them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

I've been using the twin LED bulbs. They show white when the parkers are on, then orange when the indicators are working. Electrical sorcery.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
briby
State: VIC

Post by briby »

Hey Billy, i wanted white light parkers, not yellow, to match the white light from the Halogen h/light, so got a pair of these, not fancy Amber/white, but they match ok, but thought they might be a bit bright for parkers when the package said 380/200 lumens
Park light.jpg
Park light.jpg (45.26 KiB) Viewed 377 times
[attachment=2]
The park globe in the h/light has been deleted. Anyway happy with the result, even if a bit bright.
Attachments
Park Light LED.jpg
Park Light LED.jpg (83.78 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Park light2.jpg
Park light2.jpg (37.84 KiB) Viewed 377 times
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.
BILLY BLACKARROW

It's a bit scary when you first turn them on isn't it , I spoke to the friend that is going to do the Blue slip and as far as he knows there isn't any ruling on how bright they are just as long as they are amber or white. That's good enough for me he will be doing the blue slip.
BILLY BLACKARROW
briby
State: VIC

Post by briby »

Agree Billy, at least everyone can't miss us.
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.
BILLY BLACKARROW

THAT'S TRUE :grinnn: :grinnn: :grinnn:
BILLY BLACKARROW