Gearbox ID

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ardiesse
State: NSW

Re: Gearbox ID

Post by ardiesse »

Clay,

(having troubles with the forum logging me off . . .)

It was the EK's original gearbox.

But then, my HD X2 ate up the top gear synchro cone at one stage. Combination of broken Belleville washer and wear in other critical components. Oh, and it also broke the clutch fork in the car park of the Parramatta M's, making for an interesting drive home in the peak hour traffic.

If you want to fit an HD/R/K gearbox to the ute, you could try EJ gearshift linkages as a starting point (or EH, if they're the same as EJ).

Rob
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks Rob. Been looking for an excuse to go see Dudley.

Harv’s crashbox guide has the red crashbox close in length to Hydramatic, which I have a tail shaft for, but maybe need donor tail shaft and yolk. Then there is the hydraulics. Will need to fabricate rear mount setup and relocate handbrake.

Did a count and I have six grey boxes, including the broken one and the one in the car at present.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Brett Bumper fitted an all syncro to his FB wagon using the modified column some guy does, he (Brett) said they did very little in the way of floor mods to fit it
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Thought about that option too mick. Trev’s mate Roger Hancock does them and also reco the steering box with new worm gear. It’s about a $1k for the linkage mod alone. Need to get a couple of boxes to dummy up. I only have grey and trimatic. Got three of them and six grey wtf.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie