Fuel problems

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FireKraka
State: WA

Re: Fuel problems

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Gary
Mate this is very confusing, hard to understand why you are having so many problems, your engine is standard and it should be plug and play.

If your plugs are getting fowled with fuel it sounds like you are not getting any spark, had you changed the module which is under your coils, the DFI Module this module deals with spark to the cylinders, you have changed all other sensors and ECU's, have you checked that you have spark??
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Time for a V8 conversion :twisted: :twisted:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:47 pm Time for a V8 conversion :twisted: :twisted:
Go on... say V8 conversion two more times...

Youtube

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
gazza
State: VIC

Post by gazza »

Hi all just a small update. I changed the dfi and the coil pack made no difference so brought a new set of plugs they are the Bosch platinum's. they are a upgrade from the standard plug. I was only used the standard Bosch plugs i put a earth wire from the bottom of the dfi plate to the inner guard. The car started up yesterday was fine and today it started with no problems i removed a couple of plugs they were black but not wet with fuel. So i connected my Diagnostic scan tool and the 02 sensor is showing it is running rich. It didn't show any error codes only saying its running rich. I got a spray bottle filled with water spray all the hoses no leaks that i could see. But overall the car is starting with no problems. Will see how it goes in the next couple of days. cheers Gary.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Good morning Gaz
I had an issue with Frank when I was trying to get him running and realised that I didn’t have and earth wire from the engine to the body, on the VN/VP/VR engines they had a wire that went from under the DFI unit to the body.

I never thought about the issue mate so sorry I never suggested.

I would hazard to say that this may have been your issue all along.

Anyway really good to hear that you may have finally got it sorted, please keep us informed if everything keeps going ok.
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
gazza
State: VIC

Post by gazza »

Hi all. Yeah Neil i was looking around under the DFI mounting plate there is two bolts that go through the mounting plate to the engine one of the bolts was only finger tight so i imagine something would have gone there. so i put a earth wire on it to the body of the car and also there is three small bolts on the DFI mounting plate so i put a earth on one of those bolts as well. Will see how it goes. cheers Gary.