Fuel problems

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FireKraka
State: WA

Re: Fuel problems

Post by FireKraka »

Gary ok there is a bit of a scatter there but I don't think there is anything there that really could be the issue remember when we chatted I said there are only a couple of things that can cause issue, so compression seems ok, great to hear you are going to get the new O2 sensor, while your waiting pull the old one and have a look, also wouldn't hurt to pull your injectors and get them checked by the EFI guys if the have cleaning and flow check capabilities.
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
gazza
State: VIC

Post by gazza »

Hi all. Hi Neal i will be taking the other one out and make sure it is the same as the one i am ordering . Will be ordering a new set of plugs as well Have to order it thru repco supercheap hasn't got them price $125.00 was thinking of a fuel pressure regulator as well but i might let that go for now . Cant do anything until the weekend. Back on shift work. will keep you up to date. Cheers Gary .
gazza

Post by gazza »

Hi all. I finally had a win i brought a vn commodore external fuel pump with a adjustable fuel damper on it . i used the old fuel pressure regulator i started the car yesterday had a play around and i went out today and the car started with no problems . The plugs are black but very dry so not full of fuel. The check engine light comes on but is very dull i have order a 02 sensor just waiting on repco for a message when to pick it up . I hope that solves the dime light if that dont work i will change the fuel pressure regulator that will be the only one left to change. Cheers Gary.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Gary
With both of my V6 Conversions wiring harnesses the engine light does glow when the engine is running.

Glad the problem seems to have been sorted with the fuel pump, I would still change the plugs as well that way you are starting clean.
Regards
Neil
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
gazza

Post by gazza »

Hi Neil it does have a miss while idle it comes and goes so will change the plugs as well. Cheers Gary.
gazza

Post by gazza »

Hi all I am still having problems with this car i have just changed computers memcals rechecked the wiring again the last resort is i will check the relays. cheers Gary.
gpi

Post by gpi »

jump on pcmhacking.net and see if they can help you over there
ehsv6

Post by ehsv6 »

Hi Gary

Where abouts in Melbourne are you, have a bit of experience in these conversions, also daily is a VX

Regards Keith

Just reread old posts and noticed I asked you this before and your on the other side of the world.
Last edited by ehsv6 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member EH Holden Car Club Vic
Supercharged V6 EH Sedan
EH Wagon
gazza

Post by gazza »

I live in melton if you want i can give you my mobile. cheers gary
ehsv6

Post by ehsv6 »

pm me with it.
Member EH Holden Car Club Vic
Supercharged V6 EH Sedan
EH Wagon
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems Gary, after we have talked a few times and gone over all of the things that I could think of I was just at a loss of what it can be hopefully hopefully Keith can help you out.
It seems strange Gary as we have discussed, with the 2 I have done it has been like put them in, wire them up and turn the key :ebiggrin: even with my Ute and all the wiring changes I did I had none of your issues, got to be something simple that we are all missing, good luck.
Neil
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
gazza

Post by gazza »

I spoke to Keith today and he suggested to change what i haven't so i will be changing the cam shaft crank angle and throttle body sensor and go from there. cheers Gary.
gazza

Post by gazza »

Hi all brought new cam angle sensor crank angle sensor I got a second hand fuel pressure regulator I haven't put the crank angle sensor on yet but the cam angle sensor and fuel pressure regulator are on and still won't start. Cheers Gary
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Our Statesman would at first randomly stop then not fire at all due to a faulty crank angle sensor - the one behind the harmonic balancer ?

Here's hoping that is your drama , these things have been around for 30 years now you would think every mechanic in the country would be able to diagnose problems with these in his or her sleep - except maybe the young ones ......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
gazza

Post by gazza »

Hi all as another year comes to an end i still have not fix this problem. Thanks Neil for the link to pcm hacking. I have had the injectors redone about 2 weeks ago they were flow tested and serviced. I connected my scan tool and it shows no fault codes. I changed all of the sensors again replaced the adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a oem one. And it still fouls the plugs with fuel and wont start after about an hour after last start. I was thinking of using a hotter spark plug anyone used hot plugs and what ones to use. Thanks Gary.