F@$& Covid -19

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: F@$& Covid -19

Post by Blacky »

We were down to 5 cars by this point , 2 had left yesterday to head home , and now got into some seriously spectacular countryside as we headed up to Maleny and Montville , our 2 guides left us here and headed home and we hung around driving from lookout to lookout taking in as much of the sights as the light would allow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

And then there was 3 , off to Nambour for the night Image

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We booked to the Motel then wandered down to the RSL for dinner , very nice place so we sat down for a drink and by the time we decided to have a feed the kitchen was closed Image at 7:30 !

Pizza is your friend Image

Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:55 am Then it was up the hill to Tambourine mountain and a walk through the forest and the waterfalls which I got no pictures of then it was off back down the hill and to the Bates Motel for the night
I dragged a caravan through CQ about 20 years ago behind a VK Calais. Blocked the fuel strainer in the carb around 8pm, and limped into Augathella. Stayed at the local caravan park. Eerie being the only van there. We made all the Bates Motel jokes. Stopped overnight at Toowoomba the next night. Didn't realise the amenities lights were on timers. They cut out midway though the better-half's shower. After all the talk of the Bates Motel, it rattled the hell out of her.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Wednesday morning we headed off to the big pineapple for breakfast but it was pretty run down and had nothing so we took some pics and headed off to Ricks Garage - what an awesome spot Image they sell burgers etc so we ordered a bacon and egg roll - thank god we ordered one between the two of us!! The others had one each and it near on killed them Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Love the decor , there’s heaps to see here

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Forgot the big pineapple pics - the light was awful so it looked better in black and white.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

More pics of Ricks place -

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Lovely mate. Thanks for sharing. I haven’t seen anything from Tony the photog yet.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:19 pm
Blacky wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:55 am Then it was up the hill to Tambourine mountain and a walk through the forest and the waterfalls which I got no pictures of then it was off back down the hill and to the Bates Motel for the night
I dragged a caravan through CQ about 20 years ago behind a VK Calais. Blocked the fuel strainer in the carb around 8pm, and limped into Augathella. Stayed at the local caravan park. Eerie being the only van there. We made all the Bates Motel jokes. Stopped overnight at Toowoomba the next night. Didn't realise the amenities lights were on timers. They cut out midway though the better-half's shower. After all the talk of the Bates Motel, it rattled the hell out of her.

Cheers,
Harv
This joint was a cracker - out of the 3 of us 2 rooms were changed straight up , Lou and Leslies room had no lights, Beersys was right next to the highway and as noisy as buggery - we thought we were OK until it was time for a shower and we had no cold water in the shower of all things ! they were building next door and they started erecting scaffold at 6:10 on Tuesday morning :roll: The pub had spent a fortune on its gaming room and the rest of the joint hadn't been touched in years , pretty obvious where their income stream is !!!
On theTuesday night in Nambour the manager turned up when we were sitting down eating pizza and he was pissed out of his mind after appearing sober less than 2 hours previously when we checked in :econfused: :crazy:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We said our goodbyes to Lou and Leslie here as they were heading to the coast , and Beersy and us went bush again , went to a lookout and bumped into this bloke - his dad bought it new , it has 67000 miles on it and he tells me it’s never been painted but it looks like it has to me Image nice car though

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We headed back to the pub in Kilcoy - that wasn’t the original plan but we kinda got lost ImageImage
And then there was 2

Found some dirt roads on the way there

Brett027
State: NSW

Post by Brett027 »

Thanks Blacky, your travel posts almost make it like we were there too. Hopefully next year in SA for me and maybe I'll be able to drag Orange Betty (Dave) along with me.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We headed off to spend the night in Esk , some cool old pubs there too - this was the first one into town , it had a TON of character Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We checked in to our motel and wandered down to the other one for a feed - love the old tiles and fittings in old pubs