Bailey channel seals

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Bailey channel seals

Post by EK283 »

Hi there,

Has any one used the soft bailey channels around the door windows if so are they ok ?

Are the chrome strip originals done by rare spares any good ?

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Harv

Re: Bailey channel seals

Post by Harv »

The chrome strip original bailey channels from Rares are pretty good. No complaints for the two cars I have done (ute and wagon).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

I have used soft channel for all but abutting the front and rear quarter windows in my sedan. I believe this is the standard practice. In commercials of course you have to use soft due to the curve in the rear corner. In the sedan I cut out right angle triangle sections at the corners to get the 90degree bends, but you can just chamfer two separate pieces and but up. No need to glue as they are a friction fit and stay in place quite well. The rigid channel I used contact adhesive.

There are cheaper alternatives to the precut rares items. You can buy stock lengths from various suppliers but not sure about the chrome edge. The ones I used were like a zinc anneal type finish.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Thanks Guys,

On the advise I am going to use the soft type, I just like the look of them and also the ease in which they fit.

Also no scratching when trying to install them.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Greg;
For my one piece glass I went to Clark rubber they have a few different sizes and I picked the one that suited me probably the same Clay was talking about.
I didn't want the chrome strips around my windows.
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Harv

Post by Harv »

Errol62 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:22 am I have used soft channel for all but abutting the front and rear quarter windows in my sedan. I believe this is the standard practice. In commercials of course you have to use soft due to the curve in the rear corner.
I thought the commercials had the chrome-stripped bailey channel too (?). You can definitely fit it to the curve without any drama:
Ute bailey channel.jpg
Ute bailey channel.jpg (131.63 KiB) Viewed 637 times

(skull door lock knobs are a NASCO option... couldn't convince Grace to remove them :mrgreen: ).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Probably did Harv. The original style were cloth over a flexible metal frame. I’ve lulled a few old ones out and they’re generally chrome. The stuff I used was just what I got at the time and it worked well.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

They are part of the NASCO bogan pack aren't they ??? Has them and a dash mounted holder for you winnie reds :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

...he'll have to commission a report by his son into the dealings...
we have all the photographic evidence they are his, but there is nothing to see here...
Harv

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 pm They are part of the NASCO bogan pack aren't they ??? Has them and a dash mounted holder for you winnie reds :thumbsup:
gpi wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 pm ...he'll have to commission a report by his son into the dealings...
we have all the photographic evidence they are his, but there is nothing to see here...
Grace's boganism just might be hereditary :mrgreen: .

The ute had these on them in the early days:
Dukes of Western Sydney.docx
(926.53 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Cheers,
Harv
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

All my bailey channels came from Clark Rubber. Been in the car for about 12 years now with now issues or better still no rattling glass As it’s a nice snug fit provided you get the right profile.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.