Parts pickup from Nats to Sydney

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Parts pickup from Nats to Sydney

Post by Harv »

I've managed to get hold of a set of X2 headers and a washer setup for my HR Prem (with thanks to Andrew for collecting it for me). My next drama is how to get it from Toowoomba down to Sydney.

Is someone travelling to the Nats, and willing to bring this gear back for me please?

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Re: Parts pickup from Nats to Sydney

Post by Errol62 »

Hopefully, optimistically.
I plan to pass through and pick up van roof.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Fex
State: QLD

Post by Fex »

Worst case scenario Harv, my parents drive or fly down to Sydney to see my brother around once a year. They shouldn’t go missing in the meantime, I’ve only got greys.. 😁.
Cheers, Andrew
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Harv,

If my cars not done I may still travel up to have a look, if this does happen I can bring the gear back.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Harv

Post by Harv »

Many thanks gents. Looks like it is pretty likely that I can get them picked up. I'll firm up plans closer to the Nats.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

I guess the question now is whether the Toowoomba nats will go ahead.....
We've punched through drought and floods.... of course pestilence had to follow..

frats,
Rosco
gpi

Post by gpi »

Of course it can go ahead, but you would need to test everyone before attending and every day you are there.
Anyone that comes back positive has to leave the event and go into isolation for 3 weeks, or until a time they return 2 negative tests.

The only thing I’m not sure about is where to get the tests from?
rosco

Post by rosco »

Post just made on the Nationals thread....
Plenty of time between now and June for decision to be made.
May be out of the organisers' control - we note that today, some of the national parks in Vic have been closed...... unless this is spam - people are out of control... sadly, this is expected...and even sadder - accepted.

Stay safe, folk...

frats,
Rosco
gpi

Post by gpi »

i cannot stress this enough:

act like you already have rona until there is a vaccine.
that way you will keep yourself and everyone else safe.

billy ray only wants to exist and multiply, so do everything you can to prevent it.

do your part and achy break rona's heart.
rosco

Post by rosco »

gpi wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:10 pm i cannot stress this enough:

act like you already have rona until there is a vaccine.
that way you will keep yourself and everyone else safe.

billy ray only wants to exist and multiply, so do everything you can to prevent it.

do your part and achy break rona's heart.
Great advice, Patrick - good excuse to spend some quality time solo in the workshop... with permission from petticoat government - procuring sufficient material/equipment qualifies justification...

frats,
Rosco
gpi

Post by gpi »

Thanks Ross,

Ive seen this advert on channel 7 recently, that says 'look after yourselves', This advice is impractical.

Act like you are infected. That way you wont infect anyone else and you wont be infected by anyone else.

Please do not be responsible for killing any of my family or friends.
rosco

Post by rosco »

Correct, Patrick - I was put on the back foot yesterday when out doing our grocery shopping for the fortnight.
To reduce/limit the amount of trips in what will become our fortnightly escape from home, I went to a bearing supplier to pick up some difficult to find tiny "O" rings.
Another senior chap came into the store whilst I was there, and one of the two salesmen - who was not much younger than myself took a swipe at me.

"Don't take this personally, but what are you two older people doing out and about? Don't you realise that many of the measures now being put in place are being set up to save your lives? you are in the most at risk category"..

I was going to retort, but in the car on the way home - understood exactly what the chap was laying out in front of me...

Yes, I now agree with him.... if I do need anything, it will be ordered on line, and I will disinfect everything that arrives here in the process.

We will now limit our escape to just grocery and medical needs.

frats,
Rosco