EK convertible on SBS

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Dr Terry
State: NSW

Re: EK convertible on SBS

Post by Dr Terry »

I'll still call BS on it being any type of "factory" convertible.

The simple facts are that the factory was flat out developing new models platforms, new (Red) motors, automatic transmissions, all-synchro manuals (3 or 4 sp), disc brakes etc. etc.

Also convertibles were not popular in Australia in that era due to a number of factors. The big one was fear of being killed in a roll-over accident, secondly retail price & also lack of proper ventilation or any air conditioning. Ever ridden in a convertible with the top up on a hot day, with no air cond ?

The one above is one of many types of aftermarket style seen in those days. Maybe the dealer had a good thing going with a local trimmer.

Dr Terry
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

On the thread on bookface was a comment from both Tim and Ben Gall stating they knew the guy who did the conversion - the original poster wasn't convinced but I reckon I know which story I would believe .......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

its a little too convenient that the Sunny's would have a different story then the OP. I for one would be quite interested to hear what the Beagle Boys have to say about that.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:58 pm On the thread on bookface was a comment from both Tim and Ben Gall stating they knew the guy who did the conversion - the original poster wasn't convinced but I reckon I know which story I would believe .......
a few people posted about it's history including myself, me and atleast 2 others have been blocked by the original poster for it would seem no other reason than knowing it's history, idiot doesn't realise he may have blocked us but our comments are still there to be read :lol: i wonder if he's setting up for a potential sale to one of the gullible new comer more money than brains crowd once he establishes some false history :think:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter