Leif’s collection

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Leif’s collection

Post by Errol62 »

On my eternal quest for parts I stumbled across this gentleman and his rather nice collection of automobilia. ImageImageImageSuzi 1100 chain drive. Not common. ImageImageImageGM 250cui six, the basis of Holden red sixes I believe. This car is slap fitted with a windscreen from a HT sedan. Good ol’ GM interchangeability. ImageImageImageCresta with three piece rear window. ImageImageHerald sports with factory twin SUs. ImageArmstrong Siddley 5 seat utility. ImageImage90 degree v8.
The rest are Chrysler. Weak stomached viewers may wish to avert their eyes. ImageImageImageImageImage
A few chargers, VF R/T hardtop, v8 4spd Sundowner van and a few other Fix Or Repair Daily’s I didn’t bother to photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Leif’s collection

Post by Blacky »

Bit of a mixed bag there Clay, I could picture me in that Armstrong ute 😎😎
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Some real rare stuff in there - not worth a lot but rare none the less - love the chrysler ute - wonder if that was an Aussie sedan conversion.
You will find me lost somewhere!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

That is a wayfarer ute, assembled from knockdown I believe at Keswick SA rob. The Chrysler Royal wagon is rarer by far. Their build quality control was not good.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

That is a wayfarer ute, assembled from knockdown (CKD) I believe at Keswick SA rob. The Chrysler Royal wagon is rarer by far. Their build quality control was not good. I remember going 10 pin bowling in my classmates Chrysler Royal sedan. Designated the AP3. They were brought in CKD prior to completion of the Tonsley Park assembly plant which pressed its own panels and commenced complete local construction with the AP5. Wagon bodies were still being imported from Canada in the early stages. The wagon pictured is a Canadian body. The wipers are set up for LHD and the tail lights are different. My mate Brett has one is how I know. Don’t shoot me.

EK van on rotisserie
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Guilt by association ?? lol

Very Interesting history mate - thanks for sharing - the bodies all look to be in decent shape for cars that age left outside - hopefully someone fixes a few up before the earth reclaims them

Errol62 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:09 pm That is a wayfarer ute, assembled from knockdown (CKD) I believe at Keswick SA rob. The Chrysler Royal wagon is rarer by far. Their build quality control was not good. I remember going 10 pin bowling in my classmates Chrysler Royal sedan. Designated the AP3. They were brought in CKD prior to completion of the Tonsley Park assembly plant which pressed its own panels and commenced complete local construction with the AP5. Wagon bodies were still being imported from Canada in the early stages. The wagon pictured is a Canadian body. The wipers are set up for LHD and the tail lights are different. My mate Brett has one is how I know. Don’t shoot me.

You will find me lost somewhere!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Fortunately the rainfall out here is only about five inches. Four streets away across the highway Laurie showed me some of his collection of wrecks in the dark. There were at least four complete FB EK utes sitting out in the weather. I came away with 40kg of citrus fruit.

EK van on rotisserie
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

The Stude Lark looks like it still has rego.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

It isn’t too bad Greg. Outside though.

What you would need is an old bike to swap. His weakness.

EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Well how about that. Nekminnit:
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/renmark ... ios_social
He did say he likes P76s and Marinas...... wtf

EK van on rotisserie
gpi

Post by gpi »

they would both look right at home there :lol:
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Great car the Studes,

Funny though they are probably cheaper to rebuild than FB EK's, lots of stuff available from the USA.

Never liked this particular shape, as like most Studes they are a bit of an ugly duckling !!!

Greg
So many cars so little time!