EK wiper motor

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

State: SA

EK wiper motor

Post by 138 »

I have just got hold of an EK wiper motor, and would like to bench test it , so I can work out the wiring for it. It has 2 spade terminals, and the earth strap. One would be the park terminal and the other power, correct? I am just trying to work out which is which before I hook it up to 12 volts and hopefully not let any smoke out.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: EK wiper motor

Post by Blacky »

They normally have permanent power at the motor and are earthed through the wiper switch to make them go . I am not at home now so I cant check for you but hopefully someone will chime in and tell you which side is which - it may even be marked on the motor ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Should say BAT on the Bakelite adjacent one terminal. Other terminal to earth via switch. Earth strap provides park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie

Post by 138 »

Got it, Thanks all! Tried it out , one terminal +12volts (park), earth on the strap, and the other terminal earthed via the switch, all good.