Strath Swap + Hot Rod Show

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Strath Swap + Hot Rod Show

Post by Errol62 »

Attendance seemed to be down a bit this year and nothing too exciting on offer. Picked up some headlight buckets, both Bosch and Lucas. Mirrors. A pair of 13” ROH jelly beans I hope will go on front of ute.

Didn’t know the hot rod show was on. ImageI’m pretty sure this is the car that inspired me to have a green ek. Imageeh coupe was well done. Imagethis Biscayne was cool with original paint plus flames. ImageForum members car I believe Stewie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Re: Strath Swap + Hot Rod Show

Post by Errol62 »

Wouldn’t you know the jelly beans are 4.00” pcd, early Valiant. Oh well spice up my gumtree.

EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:57 pm Wouldn’t you know the jelly beans are 4.00” pcd, early Valiant. Oh well spice up my gumtree.

Bugger !!
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Hi Clay,
The mirrors were not external ones with rusty, crusty chrome were they ?
I need a couple for the wagon that bolt to the door frame and are not shiny.
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Mirrors are pretty good Rog. I’ll have a look and see if I’ve got any with enough !patina! To suit the wagon.

EK van on rotisserie
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Thanks clay.
I had the wagon out last weekend with the club trailer and it great fun driving in traffic when you want to change lanes.
Did the truckers thing and flicked the indicator on and crept across. Only got a couple horn blasts so no big drama but it would be good to see where I have been and what carnage I have left behind.
Cheers
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Mate we need dell the help we can get dealing with Adelaide drivers. Pullingtting on your indicator seems to be regarded as a sin punishable by stamping on the gas and closing up on any safe braking distance. Don’t get me started.

EK van on rotisserie
ardiesse
State: NSW

Post by ardiesse »

. . . and I thought that was just a Sydney problem . . .

Rob
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

And I thought it was just a Perth problem :esurprised: :crazy: :crazy:

Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Don’t you love how everyone needs to get in front of you when you’re driving an old Holden. When I’m in a modern car they seem to be content to hover in my blind spot so they can close me in when I need to change lanes to pass a slow vehicle.

Must admit I’ve enjoyed seeing quite a few surprised faces in the rear view mirror when I’ve kicked the red or blue six in the guts and left them in a black smoke cloud. Back in the pre VN days.

EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

Errol62 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:04 amDon’t you love how everyone needs to get in front of you when you’re driving an old Holden.
Craps me when they pull in behind at a set of lights, notice its an old Holden, then change to the left lane to overtake. Had a bloke do that when I was towing the empty car trailer back from Dave's with the FB. Thought his fancy new 4WD, complete with Zim Pirate music would be quicker. Grace still laughs... she reckons the light turned green, I stomped on the go pedal, and all she could see was the bonnet of the FB in the air as the old girl launched, fighting the car trailer. :oops: :lol: .

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

A rev-heading story from my (best-forgotten) past in the early '80s:
Against paternal edict, I did a disc brake conversion, along with a hotted-up X2 motor swap on the family EK. Kept the crashbox and 3.89 diff, as well as HR wheels. The car was a total "sleeper".
Along the Pacific Highway one night, there was a guy in a V8 HQ-Z van who thought he'd burn me off at the lights. Not to be. Next traffic light, he tried again. By the third red light, things were getting serious. I even paused a little on the 1-2 gearshift to let him catch up a bit . . .

Rob
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Good one. My 186 crash HK wagon would do 100mph to valve bounce rock stock. Dads 253 trimatic hq sedan would only do 140kph.

EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

Dads 179 EH Prem damn near did 100mph before some 18 year old idiot thrashed all the compression out of it. More than 20 years later and I still haven’t been forgiven 🤭
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Heh Clay, you are totally right on the money.
It seems there are a lot of Adelaide educated "drivers" across the country.

Great to relive the memories of hot 6's blowing away the V8's.
I grew up in Perth with a hot 161 in a EK sedan with twin SU's and big cam with floor shifted 3 speed and standard diff.
Cruised Perth every Friday night looking to test out the car.
Left a heap of V8's playing catch up on the first set of lights then left them smoking up their tyres at the second set.
At the third set of lights they were wanting to know what I was running.
The motor combo was good for 80 mph tops but launched super hard on the soft Bridgestone's.

Cheers,
Roger