Spotted at Ceduna

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Re: Spotted at Ceduna

Post by Errol62 »

Of course. Getting off the beaten track a bit there Tim. The drive from streaky down to coffin bay is one of my favourites that I’ve done dozens of times. There are some seriously good surf spots along the way and plenty of open road in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
ardiesse
State: NSW

Post by ardiesse »

Port Augusta to Ceduna on Monday week is a "short day" - 460 km via Kimba. But I'm really tempted not to turn right at the Eyre Highway, and instead go the long way down to Port Lincoln and up via Murphys Haystacks and Streaky Bay.

Rob
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

I did the trip in reverse last Thursday. Ceduna to Coffin Bay with a stop for a cuppa at Mount Hope mates. Job at Coffins took one hour. Fresh oysters and flathead for lunch. Through the ranges and up the east coast via Arno Bay, Cowell and Whyalla. Lambs fry and bacon for dinner at Ian’s Western front bar, Pt Augusta.

There are a few interesting routes cutting through pastoral country, mallee, swamp, cereal crops, karst topography and spectacular costal lookouts. The Birdseye highway runs from Cowell to Elliston and is named after the lady who started the local bus run. Horticulture was embarked on at Polda before the basin got sucked dry and there are plenty of Hairy nosed wombats at Mt Wedge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie