South West tour

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

South West tour

Post by Blacky »

Hi everyone ,

only 5 weeks to go !!! We are busy organising what we hope will be a great weekend for you all , as you are no doubt aware - its a long way to come for a 2 day event !!!

To that end , we are organising an optional 4 day South West tour, to give any of you who wish to join us a taste of WA's beautiful South Western corner , we will be heading off on Monday morning after the Nationals to Busselton via the Dardanup Heritage Park About , which is around an hour south of Mandurah and is an amazing place , then off to Busselton where we will be staying on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Tuesday we have organised a wine tour , this - as with everything on this tour - is optional , we will be in a chartered bus so no driving is involved for obvious reasons - we would appreciate it if you are interested in coming on the wine tour to let us know so we can advise the tour operator of numbers. There are lots of alternatives if you are not interested in a winery tour , see here - https://www.busselton.wa.gov.au/Leisure-amp-Tourism

Wednesday we will pack up and head off to Margaret River where we will stop for morning tea then Cape Leeuwin , Australias most South Western point . We will then head inland to Pemberton which is the heart of Tall Timber country and will be staying at Manjimup for Wednesday and Thursday nights .

Thursday we have 2 options , either a trip to Valley of the Giants Treetop walk east of Walpole or a scenic drive from Manjimup through to Nannup then Bridgetown and back to Manjimup.

Friday we will load up and head back to Perth via some back roads to avoid the highways.

We are looking at doing around 200- 250km per day so we are not spending all day in the car but also getting out to see as much as we can, there is no obligation for any of these activities, you can do as much or as little as you wish , of just come for the day to Dardanup on the Monday or just to Busselton or whatever takes your fancy.

We are staying at Busselton Holiday Village in Busso - http://www.busseltonholidayvillage.com.au/

, and Manjimup Gateway Hotel in Manji - http://www.manjimuphotel.com.au/

Busselton Holiday Village has everything from camping to an 8 bedroom guest house so there is something for everyone , Manjimup has motel style accommodation plus 2 or 3 bedroom chalets.

Could you please let me know if you are interested in joining us for all or part of this tour so I can talk to the motels about a group discount , once that is arranged it will just be a matter of ringing to book your accommodation and mentioning the FB/EK tour and you will get a discounted rate on the rooms.

We will have a get together over the weekend of the Nationals to discuss further our plans for those of you who are interested.

Cheers, Blacky and Shahni - W.A. tour guides :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Wrongway Roger
State: SA

Re: South West tour

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Hi Blacky,
I will be visiting family in and around Perth, after the Nationals so will not be going on the South West tour.

It will be a great trip for those guys who put up their hands. I do the Busso and Margret River area when I travel " home " each time.

Cheer Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.