QLD Rego

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Qld.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, QLD Mod

dodge68
State: WA

QLD Rego

Post by dodge68 »

Not sure if I have the right section.

I just picked up an FB in Brisbane with the original rego plates. The car ran out of club rego about 3 months ago. I really want to hang onto the plates but I will be a month or two from having it ready for full rego. Can anyone shed some light on what the best way to go would be so I don't loose the plates?? I'm in WA but will be leaving the car in Brisbane. Thanks

Regards
Griffo
FB EK Holden Car Club of QLD
59wagon

Re: QLD Rego

Post by 59wagon »

To be sure, to be sure Griffo, I'd give the Licensing department a call and ask them. As you probably know, it's called DOT over here in WA, don't know about Joh's country.

Any pictures of your new car?

Cheers,

John
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Do you have a QLD address to licence it ? I tried doing a similar trick over here for Gazrat , he bought a car in WA and sent it to his place in Vic, but he couldnt licence it here as he had no address and his drivers licence was a Vic licence. The only way he could do it was to licence the car in my name.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
dodge68

Post by dodge68 »

Yes I have a Queensland address. I'll ring the dreaded DOT!!!
dodge68

Post by dodge68 »

[image][/image]Image[image]
Hamlet
State: QLD

Post by Hamlet »

In Queensland the only way to keep the original number plates after the rego has expired is to personalize the plates through PPQ then you own them. It costs about $185 for Retro Plates and new plates are supplied but are now reflectorised. This is providing the number hasn't been allocated elsewhere which is highly unlikely. Best option after doing the deed is to use the original plates, don't return them to TMR ( that's what they call it here, Transport & Main Roads). I'd only do this if the plates are the original black and white version and are the correct Alpha-Numeric numbers and are in reasonable condition. You'll find it best if you keep away from the dreaded TMR, it can be very confusing talking to them re older vehicles. Hope this is of some help.
dodge68

Post by dodge68 »

Thanks Hamlet very helpful. that sounds like a great to hang on to the plates. much appreciated.
dodge68

Post by dodge68 »

Thanks Tim,
He has personalised them and has been unregistered for 3 months.