EK old brake shoes please

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

timbo.ambo
State: NSW

EK old brake shoes please

Post by timbo.ambo »

Hi all

Its time to do some work on the EK's front brakes.

My mechanic mate wants me to source a set of front brake shoes. he sent me this link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171932656653 ... EBIDX%3AIT

.... but I need to provide the seller with a set before they send me the refurbished set.
There are also local places that can re-shoe the pads (Coffs and Lismore), but again, I need to send them my shoes so they can fit the pads.

Now my mechanic mate hasn't got the room to store my car for the week or fortnight waiting for the new shoes to arrive. Sooo, I was wondering if I could buy a set of front shoes from someone out there ...ones that are in a condition good enough to be able to be remanufactured. Then I could get the whole thing done without putting my mate out.

Cheers everyone
Tim (Grafton)
Blacky
State: WA

Re: EK old brake shoes please

Post by Blacky »

You will probably want to check the drums as well mate, pretty well guarantee they will be oversize and you will need to have the shoes made to suit.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
timbo.ambo
State: NSW

Re: EK old brake shoes please

Post by timbo.ambo »

Still no luck finding a set of front shoes. they just have to be in a good enough condition to be refurbished
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 650 times