Melbourne Anzac Day Parade 2017

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

Sarah
State: VIC

Melbourne Anzac Day Parade 2017

Post by Sarah »

Hello All
Every year I put out a call for volunteers to help out in the Melbourne RSL Anzac Day Parade. I'm looking for some nice and neat FBs or EKs (or similar models FX-EH).
The role requires driving service men and women on their big day in the parade, as they are unable to walk from The Arts Center to The Shrine. It's a lovely morning and a way to say thanks to those who fought for our country. This is a run down of what happens.
-Meet at a pre-appointed destination in the CBD ('City of Melbourne' all areas pass is provided) at 7.30am for a briefing.
-You are guided to a pick-up point where you collect one to a few passengers and drive them in the parade, in their regiment.
-You may be asked to go back to the start and drive once more or you may be directed to go home.
-You're normally done by around 11am.
An email is sent to all driving in the parade with full details.
Questions welcome.
Thanks
Sarah
greyek

Re: Melbourne Anzac Day Parade 2017

Post by greyek »

i missed the FB and EKs at Todays ANZAC Day march..... stupid rules for old cars :frownn:
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

It was really weird not being there today.
Craig Allardyce

Post by Craig Allardyce »

I watched what I could of it and not having the older cars took the polish off the day. It looked a bit a like a sponsorship deal for &*#@ and some other manufcaturers. Sickening thing to watch on such a day.