FAQ on tyre and rim data for FB/EKs

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Re: FAQ on tyre and rim data for FB/EKs

Post by Harv »

Not meaty enough on the flange - only 19mm. The "jellybean holes" get very close to the back too - taking 4mm or so off would change their shape :(.

Maybe use the 7" Sampsons for the road, and put slicks on the 8" for the strip. Aiming to drive this thing to the track, and suspect it would not take me too long to get pinged for driving slicks on the street (I'm not planning on this thing being subtle).

With traction bars in place, there is not much rear suspension movement on the strip... wonder if I would get away with a slight protruding wheel given there is a 2.5" vertical gap between the tyre and guard lip? Once I get the brakes back together, perhap some driveway launch testing is in order :).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Harv,

I just love where your going with this, its going to be a treat to see it all come together !

My memory keeps shutting down although, just thinking about the amount of scrap steel you end up with when you give these old timers a hard time !!!!

Anyway fun to watch you using the old technology.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Thought I should post up this document, which confirms the HR rim offset differences.Image

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie