Dual circuit master cylinder

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gpi
State: VIC

Re: Dual circuit master cylinder

Post by gpi »

mph
State: WA

Post by mph »

gpi wrote:
Harv wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:50 pm
Errol62 wrote:CRS used to supply an adaptor to bolt up HQ drum brake dual circuit master cylinder to FE - HR.
Interesting... hadn't seen that one before. CRS now advertise an adaptor for HQ master to EJ/EH: http://www.rodshop.com.au/holden/fb-ek/ ... aptor.html. They list it on the FE/FC, FB/EK and EJ/EH pages... wonder if it fits FB/EKs too?

Cheers,
Harv
doesnt fit fb ek due to the bumps in the firewall. i milled it down to fit.
might cast a few considering its nothing like how i originally bought it.
What part did you mill down to make it fit , the fire wall lump or the adapter

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
Devilrod

Dual circuit master cylinder

Post by Devilrod »

mph wrote:Has anyone looked into running a side offset hk booster in their fb ekImage

That’s the bracket I spent the whole of yesterday pulling stuff of shelves to find it not where I thought I’d put it…. Trev got me one now I need to work out what I’m going to do because I can’t remember shit of any of the setup ..ImageImage
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Couple guys I know used XD XE XF dual circuit boosters. No clearance issues to bonnet hinges and work well.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
mph

Post by mph »

Only yesterday i was researching boosters again hoping to do it when my motors out.
I was thinking about this and looking at getting a spacer milled up from 2 bolts on the fire wall to space out about 1" and suit 4 bolts on the booster. Similar to the ej ejh one on the crs website.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-Dual-BLAC ... 632-2357-0

Or that hk would be adaptable but seem to be $600 plus then you have to get the booster serviced and master cyl as well.

FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Yeah I went down the rabbit hole today. Bonnet hinge clearance is the issue. Although I think with some pruning it may clear the spring.

But I did also find this on eBay which got me thinking a) is it any good- will need to research it a bit more and b) it may clear the hinge..

Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

And these are two setups friends are running on there EK and FB

Both have modified hinges to clear.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Errol62 wrote:Couple guys I know used XD XE XF dual circuit boosters. No clearance issues to bonnet hinges and work well.

So is that a direct mount on the firewall or an adaptor or just redrilled firewall? Interested to see some pics of the setup if you can get some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Direct to firewall and seem to be in line with firewall grommet. Cars are both autos. Very neat install.

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
mph

Post by mph »

Errol62 wrote:Direct to firewall and seem to be in line with firewall grommet. Cars are both autos. Very neat install.

So two bolts top and bottom to the &*#@ booster then the &*#@ dual master cyl

FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
mph

Post by mph »

Devilrod wrote:Yeah I went down the rabbit hole today. Bonnet hinge clearance is the issue. Although I think with some pruning it may clear the spring.

But I did also find this on eBay which got me thinking a) is it any good- will need to research it a bit more and b) it may clear the hinge..

Did you mod the fire wall with the ribs in it or space the bracket out off the ribs. ?
How many fixing bolts on the hk bracket to the fire wall do the bolts go through and just into the firewall steel or into the brake and clutch bracket under dash for a firmer fix ? Do you know what the second mates booster is , looks to skinny to be a hk booster ?

FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

looks like a Chinese knock off - they can be a crapshoot , I got mine from Brodie its an American made one, looks similar but twice the price
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Blacky wrote:looks like a Chinese knock off - they can be a crapshoot , I got mine from Brodie its an American made one, looks similar but twice the price
That’s what I’m thinking too…. A mate a work is trying to find the details of a local (to me) guy who he got his off. Not a cheap knock off. So I’ll keep you all updated.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

mph wrote:
Devilrod wrote:Yeah I went down the rabbit hole today. Bonnet hinge clearance is the issue. Although I think with some pruning it may clear the spring.

Did you mod the fire wall with the ribs in it or space the bracket out off the ribs. ?
How many fixing bolts on the hk bracket to the fire wall do the bolts go through and just into the firewall steel or into the brake and clutch bracket under dash for a firmer fix ? Do you know what the second mates booster is , looks to skinny to be a hk booster ?

So far only mod was to pull the loom holder. Will need to redrill holes to line up with existing factory ones as only one bolt lines up. As for the ridge I may notch the back of the bracket to clear. Not sure yet.

Slimmer booster we believe to be HT/HG.
mph

Post by mph »

Devilrod wrote:
mph wrote:

So far only mod was to pull the loom holder. Will need to redrill holes to line up with existing factory ones as only one bolt lines up. As for the ridge I may notch the back of the bracket to clear. Not sure yet.

Slimmer booster we believe to be HT/HG.
Nice one dr , it looks like the go could probably also use the clutch cylinder bolt holes in the firewall seems im running a auto.

FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.