LS1EK

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

TAZ
State: TAS

Re: LS1EK

Post by TAZ »

So i had to sit the motor in the engine bayImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

looks like theres plenty of room in there :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
CHOPPED
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by CHOPPED »

if thats the finished height its sitting at there will be heaps of room to build a set of extractors / headers to fit inside the subframe :thumbsup:
HEY IT WASNT ME
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

CHOPPED wrote:if thats the finished height its sitting at there will be heaps of room to build a set of extractors / headers to fit inside the subframe Image
Cheers Chopped, i am thinking of going with the OEM headers first up as i am hoping to tyrno it once paased by the engineer so don't want to waste money making pipes that will be changed. If i don't turbo it Castlemain rodshop now do headers which fit inside the guards for $900 which i guess is reasonable as its at least a two day job to do a set of pipes.

CHOPPED

Post by CHOPPED »

mate it took me 2 weeks to do mine
alot more than it looks
HEY IT WASNT ME
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

CHOPPED wrote:mate it took me 2 weeks to do mine
alot more than it looks
Yeah i have made a few sets before, getting lazy these days though and smarter especially if you buy them already done for under a grand. Its now in its final resting place, need a rear sump oil pan and might have to change the screw drivers over for bolts in the engine mounts Image ImageImage

CHOPPED

Post by CHOPPED »

mate you will never get that regoed with one phillips and one straight screwdriver
need to go the both as phillips :D
HEY IT WASNT ME
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

CHOPPED wrote:mate you will never get that regoed with one phillips and one straight screwdriver
need to go the both as phillips :D
Haha very funny, am tjinking the motor will need to be raiaed as it is very tight fit gor pipes, OEM headers don't even look like fitting.

will1mc
State: SA

Post by will1mc »

Hey mate looks similar to mine. I'm at the same stage as you, about to send it off to get the exhaust and firewall done.
Attachments
IMG_2728E.JPG
IMG_2728E.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 1205 times
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

Nice, what front end and column are you running? Yours looks to be back through the firewall a fair way? I ended up cutting my whole firewall out as i was not happy with the way the previous owner had plated over it.
will1mc

Post by will1mc »

UC torana front end modified and the original column but i think ill need to change it. We only cut the corners of the firewall the middle is still the same just tried to get it as close as possible to the back. Ill try and get a photo for you.
will1mc

Post by will1mc »

not heaps of room to the back firewall. Its got a kingswood tunnel for the turbo 700 and original floor
Attachments
IMG_2765E.JPG
IMG_2765E.JPG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 1131 times
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

Where are you running the alternator and air conditioner pump? I am looking into various options such as top mount etc. I purchased a Holley rear hump sump from the States which arrived yesterday and fits very nicely and am waiting for my gearbox mount to arrive. Am in the process of sourcing a column and intend to start the floors over the weekend as well as measuring up the tailshaft, plenty to do.
will1mc

Post by will1mc »

Where did you get the sump from? Ill probably need one! Im going to put the alternator up top and probs not going to run the aircon (see how bad a summer is without it first). We made a gearbox mount from 2 VL or VN mounts I think.
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

will1mc wrote:Where did you get the sump from? Ill probably need one! Im going to put the alternator up top and probs not going to run the aircon (see how bad a summer is without it first). We made a gearbox mount from 2 VL or VN mounts I think.
Jegs online, the Holley pan had the most clearance. The sump is flush with the bottom of the bellhousing, it came with new pick up baffles etc. I am deffinatley going aircon, set it up now why the car is a part. Castlemain do a top mount aircon kit as do others, am also looking at a electric water pump set up as they take up less room.