Engine getting hot

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Ek355
State: QLD

Engine getting hot

Post by Ek355 »

Hi, I have an ek with a stroked 355, the motor was removed recently so I could do some work in the engine bay.
It's all back together now but the thing seems to get hot which never happened before.
I have replaced thermostat,water temp sender,coolant temp sender, water pump ,radiator cap ,
Radiator taken to shop to be cleaned flushed etc,I've got penrite race coolant in it ( reduces engine operating temp)
Twin thermos and bugger me the f######g thing is still getting up there.
I have an auto meter temp gauge that it gets up to 210 when I'm sure it used to sit around 180
Any advice would be appreciated!!!
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Engine getting hot

Post by Harv »

Have you accidently changed the timing at all? It can have a pretty big effect on running temperature. Pretty quick to check with a timing light.

Was the block kept tightly plugged/capped when it was out? Could a bit of rag/dead mouse/dirt have gotten into the water system? I guess the block was flushed both ways when you dropped the radiator out to clean it?

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Ek355
State: QLD

Post by Ek355 »

Thanks Harv, I did flush out the donk one way though not the other
I've been reading up on the forums, I put a high flow thermostat in and the majority are saying that they are
Shit! Will put original back in in morning and have another go at it
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

The fans wiring wasn't switched putting them back in?
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.