FB ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: FB ute

Post by Blacky »

you must have had a few John !!!
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

diff ratio change number 27 , getting ready for the Nationals run ......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Trial fitted the Tasmans, I think a 265 tyre might be a bit much for the old girl ImageImage got some 225’s in the shed , will fit them up and try again

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Ready for a midnight run this year, none of this slowing down for Skippy ImageImageImage

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

No!!!

Tassies look gooooood.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:24 pmTrial fitted the Tasmans, I think a 265 tyre might be a bit much for the old girl
Now, we could radius the guards with a gas axe to make the 265s fit, but the bullbar might spoil the resulting gasser vibe :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Geez that big rubber is nice, not sure about the new front..... without a big spottie through the roof :roll:
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Looking at those tyres I reckon the 138 would be able to spin them !!!!

Old and rock hard and renowned for no grip in the first place !!!

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

EK283 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:33 pm Looking at those tyres I reckon the 138 would be able to spin them !!!!

Old and rock hard and renowned for no grip in the first place !!!

Greg
Yep - they are as hard as a bulls forehead , there’s quite a bit of truth to the rumour that TA was short for Traffic Accident 😂😂

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bump

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

The old girl has been a copious oil guzzler for a while now , even though the engine was rebuilt after Narrandera Nats so I thought I would yank the head and replace the valve stem seals and guides plus fit one of Harv’s you beaut gaskets.
Got home from the show yesterday and set to work -
Plugs looked OK

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Whizzed the head off and found some ugly bits - got a small score in number 4 and a funny looking mark in number 5

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Bit of carbon buildup but not too wet up top so even though the bores are shiny it looks like the rings are still doing their job Image
The original block for this ute is in the block pile , time to start chasing piston options and find a good crank I think Image

ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Blacky,

It looks like water's been getting into number five cylinder. Either that, or a porous cylinder wall. Did the old head gasket seal properly around number five?

Rob