FB ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

15 months later and there has finally been some movement on this ute :D
Me mate Damo is going to paint it in the next month or so- so I dragged it out from under the sedan and got all the bits out of it

I need to figure out what bits I have and what I need - theres 3 of some bits , shouldn't get on Ebay when you are drunk :oops:
I found this when I was unpacking though -didn't know I had it :D :D :D

In its undies
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Your on track for the 30 year build then :D
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

is this one being modified at all blacky?

Cheers
NoMAD
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

It will have cosmetic changes , but nothing that cant be undone without using a grinder , welder or spraygun. There has never been a hole drilled in it that wasnt done in the factory - hasnt even had a radio in it - so I am leaving this one alone , I must be getting old :?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

didn't you say at one stage you had some old speedway gear...

:twisted:

and i sware you put fake lakeys on it to check there size?

Cheers
NoMAD
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got a bit done today :D stripped her nude on Friday night :shock:
Had my young bloke helping - managed to tear him away from the xbox for an hour or two
ready to go this morning
Rubbed the doors and front subframe today plus got some bits off one of the donor cars ready to take to the chrome plater this week

mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i wouldn't have been able to sleep with it under the other car with what looks like string holding the diff and springs up

i want a ute :( but they're f#%ked or too expensive :x :x everytime i think of scrapping the one i have i get a glimmer of hope :? :?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Theres not just string there Ratbox - theres a bit of wire as well :)

Shells off to get blasted underneath

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got it all blasted underneath and inside - the entire shell is now in primer - Damo the painter spent 5 hours yesterday rubbing the underside of the bonnet :shock: he's a fussy bugger :D
Doors are ready for a final rub , will be sending all the bits to the chrome shop today.

mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

Blacky wrote:Damo the painter spent 5 hours yesterday rubbing the underside of the bonnet :shock: he's a fussy bugger :D
either that OR are you paying him by the hour :shock: :wink:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mates rates :D :D :D

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Started to see some colour go on today :D

Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

Looking great Blacky :D
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got some blue on it today :D :D :D its a great day when colour starts going on , done the dash , the insides of the doors and bonnet , etc.
Looks like I have lost a bit of gear though, :cry: I have moved twice since I stripped this ute, there was bits that were already in primer that i cant find and they were all in the same cupboard in the shed in Kalgoorlie

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Firewall ,door jambs and inside of tray painted yesterday.