FB ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ben
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by ben »

Looking good Blacky. So doors, gaurds, bonnet, body today....trim thursday.....running gear Friday.....test run Sat.....cruise Sun. Its all back roads so who needs rego :wink:
Jason
State: WA

Post by Jason »

Coming together nicely Blacky, must be a good feeling when you finally stop pulling bits apart and start to put it back together.

I reckon I'm going to have the same problem losing bits after shifting down from Karratha, I can't see to find anything at the moment.

Catch you Sunday.
Cheers

Jason

Post by Blacky »

ben wrote:Looking good Blacky. So doors, gaurds, bonnet, body today....trim thursday.....running gear Friday.....test run Sat.....cruise Sun. Its all back roads so who needs rego :wink:
Be nice if it was that easy :wink: , got the front subframe back on yesterday , and more stuff rubbed and prepped for paint.

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
fb cruisin
State: NSW

Post by fb cruisin »

looking good all coming together 8)

Post by Stygian »

Coming together nicely there Blacky...pull your finger out, you got 8 months 'til the Nationals :D :lol:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Edna Blueflash wrote:Coming together nicely there Blacky...pull your finger out, you got 8 months 'til the Nationals :D :lol:
Don't I know it :shock:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

what colour is it hard to tell on my computer if it's gray, blue or green

8 months is plenty of time :roll: but then it's going to be gray motor so you'll need a good month to get over here :P so that gives you 7 months working time still plenty :lol:
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

You knocking grey motors ratbox?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ratbox wrote:what colour is it hard to tell on my computer if it's gray, blue or green

8 months is plenty of time :roll: but then it's going to be gray motor so you'll need a good month to get over here :P so that gives you 7 months working time still plenty :lol:
Its Banff blue - only a month you reckon ? I was planning to leave in March :lol:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Getting mighty close now , we were going to paint on saturday but I have to go bush tomorrow :evil: - its all blocked back ready for a final rub.

parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

nice work Blacky. Looking forward to catching up with you and the ute at the Nats.
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

So close ....... and now I cant get the spray booth until early next year :evil: :evil: :evil: , am looking for another one otherwise its getting painted in the shed.

Diff is in , there is a front end under it but its not the proper one , it steers and the park brake works - enough to roll onto a trailer .

Got a few other bits done , did the steering wheel with marbiliser , the picture doesnt do it justice

Done the inlet manifold and rocket :P cover

mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

in one section the steering wheel looks pretty kool (i'de say where the flash has hit square on) so i'm guessing that's what the rest of it looks like, how come the later diff if yor going semi stock ? just because they're easier to work on and look better :wink: ? a booth would be good but plenty of good paint jobs have just come out of a shed :) 8)
space ace

Post by space ace »

Coming together nicely 8) Looks like you can practice your Karaoke for the nats :)
Pete
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ratbox wrote:how come the later diff if yor going semi stock ? 8)

I am building it so it can be returned to completely standard , so no cutting , body mods , etc. I am not doing anything that cant be easily undone.