IDing production date?

Post original documentation here

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

jasonlairdFB
State: VIC

IDing production date?

Post by jasonlairdFB »

Hi all - having finally landed my dream FB Wagon after a long search, I'm trying to uncover its early days in 1960. A previous owner gathered a lot of information and the car was sold in Tasmania on 1 December 1960. I don't have a final production date - can anyone help get me close, even to the month? The body is FB229-15330-A.
mr.jones
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: IDing production date?

Post by mr.jones »

Jason could you post the chassis and engine no. I have some monthly production figures for FB and might be able to give a rough estimate.
jasonlairdFB

Post by jasonlairdFB »

mr.jones wrote:Jason could you post the chassis and engine no. I have some monthly production figures for FB and might be able to give a rough estimate.
Beautiful stuff Mr Jones and thanks for even taking a look. The chassis is FB40988M. The original engine is B130183. Engine block now is B175184 which I presume was produced mid-62 based on other lists in this forum. A previous owner has summised the car was manufactured in Adelaide but assembled at a Melbourne plant.
mr.jones
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by mr.jones »

Based on the Engine No. mid to late October 1960 for the engine and then the car would have been assembled a month or so after that.
jasonlairdFB

Post by jasonlairdFB »

That is brilliant thanks. It lines up nicely with the 1 December sale date too. Cheers!