WA fb special

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Re: WA fb special

Post by EK283 »

Thanks for the info Clint,

I am just about to change mine over as I had an issue in Echuca, fuel starvation then vapour lock which I couldn't clear unless it sat overnight.

The old Holley analogue system went extremely well but there is no data for adjustment, its all by ear and feel.

The only reason i am changing it was the poor fuel economy, engine ran great but it could be so much better.

I am going to write up about it on my blog shortly.

Regards
Greg
So many cars so little time!
mph
State: WA

Re: WA fb special

Post by mph »

My fuel economy improved drastically, but I also had/tried multiple carbys that gave issues, causing over fueling, flat spots even a full recon carby. So I think a good carby running motor won't get the fuel economy gains I've had but should definitely be an improvement with the way you can set your desired fuel ratios and even more on a dyno. And with the throttle position and 0² sensor being able to trim the fuel off when on cruise.

With a combination of my carby tuning knowledge of zero, patience and interest of carby tuning being zero, a few hundred dollars on a new carby, finding someone who can tune carbys properly on a dyno in Perth and $1000 to put it on a dyno and have it properly tuned wasnt worth it for me.
All depends on budget, interests, knowledge and how far you want to go with the car.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.