harvs ek 327 wagon

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Re: harvs ek 327 wagon

Post by EK283 »

Hi Harv,

Just like everyone else says some photos please !!

That engines good for high 200's hp on the rear wheels, it should get the old girl cranking ok. Its all about power to weight ratio and the EK's are really for what they look like quite light in weight.

I love V8's and EK's what a match :yeahhh: :yeahhh: :yeahhh: :yeahhh: :yeahhh:

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Harv

Post by Harv »

Sorry guys, I forgotted to take any photos whilst out at Daves. Got distracted by Avenger. Now my son wants a Merlin :oops: :ebiggrin: . My neighbours are pretty tolerant of engines being run up (and driveways set on fire) in suburban Sydney, but may draw the line at one of those.

Will take some photos when I pick the wagon up.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by bootlegger »

Red. Did Harv say its red? I wasnt happy with the roof so redid it. I got the rest of it Buffed on Thursday night. I had two days working in Canberra.
On Monday I'll try and hang the doors and Ill Take a couple of pics.
Once ive finished this and the monaro im done.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Some silly bugger (who kinda resembles me) went over to Dave's yesterday and towed the EK back to my place. FB sedan towing a car trailer loaded with an EK wagon, through peak hour western Sydney traffic :D .

Got some photos, will post them when I get a chance next week.

With all the doors hung, the Apache Red looks awesome. Dave's done a damn nice job of it.

Cheers,
Harv the happy.
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Harv wrote:Some silly bugger (who kinda resembles me) went over to Dave's yesterday and towed the EK back to my place. FB sedan towing a car trailer loaded with an EK wagon, through peak hour western Sydney traffic :D .

Cheers,
Harv the happy.
That would of stood out, red car being towed by an FB. You would have been on your own in that outfit!
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by bootlegger »

Harv I tried to post the pics I took but they wouldn't load. Have fun putting it all back together.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Photos of the wagon coming home:

Looked a bit different when it left my place last:

The red is a really cool colour. In the shade it looks darker than a box of matches:

,but in the sun it really pops:

Cheers,
Harv
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Looks awesome Harv, and if Dave did the work it's bound to be a top job :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Geeze Harv,

The old girl looks as if she's gonna have a hernia. I hope your not thinking of towing again with all the weight when finished, I would say the FB won't cut it.

Anyway the wagon does look very nice !

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Just don't go over 35 mph and leave plenty of gap. Steer clear of mr plod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

I see red! :ebiggrin: :thumbsup:
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Harv

Post by Harv »

That FB of mine earns it's keep, and does nearly as many miles with a trailer as without. Most of the time it's just the box trailer, though the box trailer gets loaded to the gunwhales with camping gear:

The way the kids keep finding additional crap to take camping, I may have to fit scavenger boards to the box trailer. A typical trailer run for me is 500km each way, with four kids in the car. It accelerates like a dump truck, though brakes OK. I leave a lot of room in front of me, especially at freeway speed.

My car trailer comes in at 750kg, Daves is probably a little heavier. Both mine and Daves have brakes, so I can legally tow a 950kg car on the trailer behind the FB. The red wagon (no motor or gearbox) is OK, though I can't tow an FB/EK with an engine in it :( . I passed two police cars on the way home from Daves, both of them stationary at the lights (plenty of opportunity to pull me over if they wanted to). Neither one batted an eyelid.

Cheers,
Harv
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I figured the same when I picked up my EK van from across town with the servo car trailer behind my old Liberty exiga. The servo trailers are on the heavy side and the exiga was good for 1.6t from memory. The engine was out, brought home the week before. I was still nervous about the cops and took it slow the back way through the hills. Passed one patrol car with no interest.

Loaded up the EK 215 boot with 350kg firewood a few times. Made for a great stance with the cut down HR springs front and 1" lowering blocks rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
mph
State: WA

Post by mph »

Harv wrote:That FB of mine earns it's keep, and does nearly as many miles with a trailer as without. Most of the time it's just the box trailer, though the box trailer gets loaded to the gunwhales with camping gear:

The way the kids keep finding additional crap to take camping, I may have to fit scavenger boards to the box trailer. A typical trailer run for me is 500km each way, with four kids in the car. It accelerates like a dump truck, though brakes OK. I leave a lot of room in front of me, especially at freeway speed.

My car trailer comes in at 750kg, Daves is probably a little heavier. Both mine and Daves have brakes, so I can legally tow a 950kg car on the trailer behind the FB. The red wagon (no motor or gearbox) is OK, though I can't tow an FB/EK with an engine in it :( . I passed two police cars on the way home from Daves, both of them stationary at the lights (plenty of opportunity to pull me over if they wanted to). Neither one batted an eyelid.

Cheers,
Harv

nice one mate ,the fb looks imaculate
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.