harvs ek 327 wagon

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: harvs ek 327 wagon

Post by bootlegger »

I'm just glad I'm getting on top of this project. The colour is a lot redder in real life. Once I get this one done I'll finish the Monaro and that's the end of me doing full restos.
My body just can't take it anymore.
Hopefully I can make a go of just doing bikes and off course my own projects.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

EK JAY wrote:Red = fast :thumbsup:
Yep, the red ones go faster :) .

Paint is Apache Red, inspired by Craig's sedan (http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... ed#p218319).

Spec for the bloke building the 327 was a minimum of 250kW (335hp). Should give me a power to weight ratio of 178kW/tonne… the NSW limit for P-platers is 130kW/tonne, and the VZ V8 is only 157 kW/tonne. Not sure how many of those ponies will actually make it to the ground, but should be fun in any case.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
pauly

Post by pauly »

I really like the colour. :thumbsup:
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Cant wait to see this in life Harv. Apache Red all over......man it will stand out!

Dave I would think it was about time you did your own projects.....life's too short!
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Craig if things work out in a couple of years time I might not have to work for anyone else at all.
I cant wait to finish my fb ute. Its going to be way out there.
Craig Allardyce

:thumbsup: Good luck.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

1 hp per cube is a winner!
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
kelleigh54
State: WA

Post by kelleigh54 »

Unless you plan on using a lot of lead fill , I reckon you would be around 190kw /tonne . How much heavier are the wagon compared to the sedan ? I am guessing 40 to 50kg
Either way it will be a grunty cruiser . 8) Looking good blokes!
I would rather work on a Morris 1100 than use a computer !!!!!!
Harv

Post by Harv »

kelleigh54 wrote:Unless you plan on using a lot of lead fill , I reckon you would be around 190kw /tonne . How much heavier are the wagon compared to the sedan ? I am guessing 40 to 50kg
Either way it will be a grunty cruiser . 8) Looking good blokes!
The wagons are about 60kg heavier in standard trim, but I figure mine has the chassis and a few other odds and ends to weigh it down (the small block and TH350 are hefty compared to the grey and crashie).

Seeing some colour on it is pretty cool... for the last decade it has looked like something out of here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-34Fdtg1dI
... seven different colours...

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

Well that's surprising , I figured there wouldn't be a lot more sheet metal when you break down what is and what isn't between the two and that left a little more glass .
guess it must be in the tail gate hinges and the number plate light shroud's :lol: :lol:
Looking forward to some photo's Harv . We are feeling for you Dave , age suck's . In my mind I have another 3 project's I would like to achieve but in reality I haven't got a hill trolley ( soap box ) left in me .
I would rather work on a Morris 1100 than use a computer !!!!!!
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

I've been getting into it the last few days. The 40 plus degrees today didn't help. I went on strike. :yeahhh:
Harv

Post by Harv »

Been a good week. Took a sneak peak at the wagon, and the Apache Red has come out beautiful. Its red. Really red. Like fire engine red. Very happy Harv :D .

Got the engine back from the rebuilder. It's putting out 390 ponies (290kW). There is another 5 or so HP there, but the torque starts to drop off. Not bad for a fifty year old 327 :D . Nothing too radical in the cam, idles well.

Wont be too long and I'll have all the bits home and start assembling. Its going into a single car fibro shed. I keep making space to fit it in, then when I turn my back the shed is full of crap again. I'm starting to think my shed is like the Tardis - more crap on the inside than it looks from the outside :oops: .

Cheers,
Harv
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

8) you should get another 5 ponies being red too...
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

we need pics Harv ........ 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Craig Allardyce

Blacky wrote:we need pics Harv ........ 8)
No, we demand pics Harv....................please! :ebiggrin: