Helenor, Show Car Sunday Driver to Daily driver

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

briby
State: VIC

Re: Helenor, Show Car Sunday Driver to Daily driver

Post by briby »

TAZ wrote:I have a southern chassis works front end with early Commodore hubs but am going to change the hubs to HQ stud pattern as it will mean I can acces more one piece wheels such as Foose, Boyds and US Racers.Looking at 18x 7 or 8 on the front with a 3.5" dish.
Hi Taz,
18s Jeessus, i thought Curley said 7s would be ok, so shouldn't have much problem with 15x7 with 215/65/15 tyres, still trying to keep an old school look.

Cheers
Briby
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.
TAZ
State: TAS

Post by TAZ »

briby wrote:
TAZ wrote:I have a southern chassis works front end with early Commodore hubs but am going to change the hubs to HQ stud pattern as it will mean I can acces more one piece wheels such as Foose, Boyds and US Racers.Looking at 18x 7 or 8 on the front with a 3.5" dish.
Hi Taz,
18s Jeessus, i thought Curley said 7s would be ok, so shouldn't have much problem with 15x7 with 215/65/15 tyres, still trying to keep an old school look.

Cheers
Briby
Not sure if 15" would clear my rotors or calipers, I have 110mm from the mounting surface of the rotor and inside of guard, with the right offset you can run a good dished wheel.
ekdave1962
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by ekdave1962 »

briby wrote:Hi Guys, just wondering what size wheels people have squeezed under the front with a SCW, Rodtech or CRS coil over front ends. Had an engine bay fire, so she's getting painted earlier than thought, engine trans needed to come out, so have ordered a SCW IFS, will be able to put normal width wheel/tyres with normal air pressures, should cut down on the jarring when running over cracks/expansion joints in the road. So started looking at wheel/tyre packages, a bit limited with the commodore stud pattern, but am sure i will find something suitable, am not going with the Salt Flat Specials. Will 7s fit, if i can find the wheels with suitable offset/backspace, i can let SCW know & they will build to suit.
And yes, will have a V6 conversion shortened rack front end for sale along with the Salt Flat Specials.
Sorry Blacky, couldn't make the Nats, holiday in UK for 5 weeks organised a long time ago, the fire wouldn't have helped either.
Cheers
Briby

Dam sorry to hear about the fire .. i had 1 many years ago when i was running the V6 return line failed .. car still has scare of blistered paint on the dash , i was lucky to get it out .. but now the V6 is long gone and the carby 308 is purring ..

Cheers David
briby

Post by briby »

The attachment FB fire updates.JPG is no longer available
Hi again everyone, long time no talky, long time not a lot happening with Helenor. Every avenue i've taken to get her back on the road (after the engine bay fire) has bitten me on the bum, and i don't like it.
First issue, Panel beater under quoted himself, found this out when things started slowing down, real slow, took a while to work it out, i had more money set aside, wish he had of said something a bit earlier!! But the work he's doing i'm very happy with, found some very shonky panel repairs done before Scoob bought her. Is now in primer waiting for the SCW front end so i can fit the motor and reposition the trans mount to accept the t700, and fit up the second intermediate steering shaft, rear mount to front mount rack. Once rolling will be taken to electrician/aircon fitter for the wiring harness repairs and A/C hose routing, then back to the body shop for paint and reassembling.
Now we get to the second issue regarding delays, anyone been talking to Curly @ SCW lately, keeps fobbing me off on delays on my front end, this has been going on for months, was going to try and get over to the Nationals, that ain't happening now.
So for now a few photos that brings us up to date.
Attachments
FB fire updates.JPG
FB fire updates.JPG (36.8 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Last edited by briby on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.
briby

Post by briby »

Fire update2.JPG
Fire update2.JPG (34.49 KiB) Viewed 922 times
The attachment Fire update5.JPG is no longer available
The attachment Fire update3.JPG is no longer available
The attachment Fire update4.JPG is no longer available
The attachment Fire update2.JPG is no longer available
briby

Post by briby »

I'll get this photo upload thing happening properly one day.
[attachment=2]Fire update4.JPG
Attachments
Fire update4.JPG
Fire update4.JPG (34.75 KiB) Viewed 919 times
briby

Post by briby »

Fire update5.JPG
Fire update5.JPG (47.56 KiB) Viewed 918 times
This should keep Rosco happy, nice big oil pressure gauge with smaller scaling, more to come on gauge/electrical upgrades, HeHe.
briby

Post by briby »

This was as far as i got with the A/C mount up before the fire.
fire update6.JPG
fire update6.JPG (43.92 KiB) Viewed 917 times
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Yes indeed,

I could write a page about people who promise then deliver nothing, talk themselves up as If no one else knows anything and the worst of all the tradesman who are brilliant at what they do but are useless at running businesses. Oh well we are all different !!

Be patient that's pretty much all you can do. The old girl will see the streets again one day.

regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
briby

Post by briby »

Yeah, have to be patient, almost talked myself into buying a Rodshop IFS just to be doing something, then sell the SCW IFS when it finally turns up, now I'm going to miss the Nats I'll just wait. :ughh:
gpi

Post by gpi »

ask for your money back so you can buy something else
briby

Post by briby »

Don't worry, been thinking about it, then I wonder how long it'll take to refund, by then the f/e will be ready.
Cheers
gpi

Post by gpi »

Ive been looking at front ends for years...
Rob (ardiesse) has worked out the geometry.
no one will tell you why or how they came up with theirs...
if it models standard geometry it will handle like a hr frontend...
everyones is different.
SC00BB
State: NSW

Post by SC00BB »

Any updates?
briby

Post by briby »

[attachment=0]IMG_20200513_193229.jpg[/attachment
Yay, it's painted. :D Not my shed, don't have a shed just a single garage, full of the interior, new wheels, A/C, wiring harness etc. For now it'll stay where it is for a few more weeks before coming back to get into the electrician/A/C installer, where we'll get her running.
Still some door panel/fittings to finish off while there.
More photos as things happen, hopefully a lot lot faster than the last 4 years.
Anyone know where I might find a top windscreen mould clip? Amazing how things disappear.
Cheers
Briby
Attachments
IMG_20200513_193229.jpg
IMG_20200513_193229.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 707 times