Wanted: EK for a loving home

Looking for a new daily driver, the next project, or maybe a parts car? try here first...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Re: Wanted: EK for a loving home

Post by vmx-mxr »

For what my opinions worth :lol:

If a car is dead stock and in VERY good shape, low miles and shit hot upholstery it's pretty fair to say leave it alone. There aren't a real lot of those cars left (that haven't been found but I still bet are tucked up in old storage). Even these cars can be fiddled with but I think the changes should always be easily reversed without an adverse effect on the car.

For the majority of cars out there they are not in that condition, so unless they are recognised as particularly unique, like "prototypes" :roll: I say cut, chop, respray etc etc and who gives a flying turd - they are the cars that draw a heap of attention because most people appreciate the vision and effort that goes into a modified. This forum (and maybe the Fagbook thing too) would be pretty dull if all there were to look at were bog stockers ! My ute has had more hits than Bing Crosby and the guy I bought it from wanted it left as is but at the end of the day it was a banged up shitter with really thin nitro paint (what was left of it after being rubbed back) with rusted out sections of the clip as per usual, a worn out engine and box which didn't fit his stable so that ute will be loosing the dents, rust and flogged out crap and have new life breathed into it, but it won't be 'original' and I reckon thats a good thing.

To much BS about cars not 'allowed' to be modified.

Life would be pretty boring if everything was the same !!!

Dave Mac :crazy:
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

vmx-mxr wrote:
To much BS about cars not 'allowed' to be modified.

Life would be pretty boring if everything was the same !!!

Dave Mac :crazy:
:thumbsup:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
oldskool
State: VIC

Post by oldskool »

This has been an interesting read from the start to current stage. How did the search go for EKRose? Has she found her car yet?