Wanted: EK for a loving home

Looking for a new daily driver, the next project, or maybe a parts car? try here first...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKRose
State: QLD

Wanted: EK for a loving home

Post by EKRose »

Hi my name is Emma-Kate - yep people call me EK!

I've long wanted an EK and now in a position to make it happen. My hubby is a handy mechanic and loves a project, so not fussy about it being 'brand spanking', just something that is solid and needs a little TLC. Preference is a wagon, but happy to look at sedans too.

We're in the Brisbane area, but willing to travel anywhere to get the right one.

Have a great weeekend!

EK :loveee:
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Re: Wanted: EK for a loving home

Post by WayneXG95 »

Hello EK

We also have this little thread you may be interested in. Old mate in Tassie susses out all the cars for sale.
You might find what your looking for there?

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 44&t=20636

Cheers

Wayne
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
D-MAN
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by D-MAN »

This has been on gumtree for ages... don't know if it is still for sale
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caloundr ... 1057851752
EKRose

Post by EKRose »

Thanks so much for the advice! Wish me luck :laughinggg:
EKRose

Post by EKRose »

D-MAN wrote:This has been on gumtree for ages... don't know if it is still for sale
Yes, I did see that one. I wonder if the price is right though? The owner said there's lots of issues with paint and needs new wheels / tyres.

Cheers, EK
Trev

Post by Trev »

Welcome to the forum Emma.
You can't expect a car of that age to be perfect so there will be blemishes in the paint and interior.
It sounds like a good buy by the description and going by the pics it's a good thing.
Always check it out for yourself and take someone that has some experience in buying old cars.
It comes with a roadworthy certificate so if it needs tyres they will have to be done for you.

Good luck.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

:D I think sunny Tim (Brisbane ) has a sedan 4 sale its a turn key and enjoy one though
Not sure what you want to spend but it's a nice car
If you are looking for a fixer upper they do come up on here as well
Welcome to the forum :D
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Welcome Emma, there's a few out there. I guess it depends on budget and whether you want stock or modified or somewhere in between. I know of a modified one here in Vic owned by a past forum member he wants $19k. Worked red motor, fresh paint very clean car. So what is it exactly you're after?
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

EKRose wrote:
D-MAN wrote:This has been on gumtree for ages... don't know if it is still for sale
Yes, I did see that one. I wonder if the price is right though? The owner said there's lots of issues with paint and needs new wheels / tyres.

Cheers, EK
It has been advertised for nearly a year! Go have a look and offer them what you think it is worth not what they want. There are a lot of cars for sale at the moment and in my opinion most of them are overpriced! These cars tend to be advertised for ever....
Occasionally a bargain comes up but you have to be quick.
For example this sold earlier this year and from memory was listed on gumtree for $7500. It lasted less then 24 hours lol

Another example is this car in the link below it was initially advertised for $18k it is now on for $10k and still hasn't sold - that has to tell you something.
http://carsales.mobi/cars/photogallery? ... 47&Index=0
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

A lot of guys just can't help themselves and molest the cars.
Be doing so limit the market they can sell the car.

Soon as they put in a Red over 149 and a V6 with no collapsible steering column that basically removes NSW from the sell equation.

I wonder what set up that one has I can't see it?
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
EKRose

Post by EKRose »

Devilrod wrote:Welcome Emma, there's a few out there. I guess it depends on budget and whether you want stock or modified or somewhere in between. I know of a modified one here in Vic owned by a past forum member he wants $19k. Worked red motor, fresh paint very clean car. So what is it exactly you're after?
Thanks Devilrod,
Not after prisitine condition, we don't mind it to be a bit rustic, with reasonable mechanicals. I'd say around $10K would be about right.
Hubby said we want it to be a bit like me - use a lot of fuel, windscreen wipers a bit dodgey, no aircon, and all those funny quirks you'd expect from an old girl :vecctor:

Cheers, Emma
EKRose

Post by EKRose »

Hey thanks guys for your lovely welcome and excellent advice. It has helped a lot. Will book a time to go and visit this beauty and see what comes of it.

Cheers, Emma
Mick

Post by Mick »

WayneXG95 wrote:A lot of guys just can't help themselves and molest the cars.

Soon as they put in a Red over 149 and a V6 with no collapsible steering column that basically removes NSW from the sell equation.

why is it that people that get a bonner over looking at the same thing over and over again just in different colours have to allways try and degrade those that prefer to be individual :roll: :roll: a modified car is no harder to sell than a stock one :? well i've never had a problem selling one
if i't's done propperly there is no issues
i'm fitting a 186 and DON'T need a collapsable collum and never have untill fitting a 202 or larger and i know of people that have fitted 202s without it
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

Mick wrote:
WayneXG95 wrote:A lot of guys just can't help themselves and molest the cars.

why is it that people that get a bonner over looking at the same thing over and over again just in different colours have to allways try and degrade those that prefer to be individual :roll: :roll: a modified car is no harder to sell than a stock one :? well i've never had a problem selling one
if i't's done propperly there is no issues
i'm fitting a 186 and DON'T need a collapsable collum and never have untill fitting a 202 or larger and i know of people that have fitted 202s without it
Mick if the mods are properly there is never an issue selling the car later on, some of the projects on this forum are sensational however unfortunately this is not the norm! I don't know what it is about FB's and EK's but some of the things I have seen done to these cars borders on criminal lol!
Also the market for these cars is not big in the first place and the majority of people don't appreciated them like the people on this forum. When you do modify the cars you are reducing the market yet again as many people are after original or near original cars.
It is the same with most of the car that are advertised for $$$$$, very few of these sell if at all for the original asking price.
What a car is worth and what you can sell if for are two entirely different things :D
Mick

Post by Mick »

as i said i've never had a problem selling a modified car and have watched stock cars sit unsold for months, just depends what people are looking for at the time
depends on the circles you travel in i spose very few people i know would want a stock car and if they did it would only be to improve it by modifying it
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter