Intro + Meet EK219-90A

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKDUDE
State: VIC

Intro + Meet EK219-90A

Post by EKDUDE »

Hi everyone. My name is Bruno, i joined the forum in 2012 but crikey does time fly! I am married with 3 kids, love old Holdens and tinkering with them. Finally starting to work on my old standard wagon. She was a Adelaide car (Salisbury North) all her life. The previous owner painted it with a brush blue with white roof to make it look like a special. I used a high pressure washer the other day and got most of the brushed on paint off to discover the original "Cataract Grey" paint underneath. The motor purrs with original 113,000 miles, 3 on the tree manual, original red/grey vinyl seats, original headlining, vinyl floor etc.. and bugger all rust! I am going to restore her just the way she left the factory. I have friends saying to do this or that to her but she will look fine in factory trim, not sure about the drum brakes though :ughh: 10334
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Intro + Meet EK219-90A

Post by Trev »

Drum brakes will be fine if you keep it original.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
iso007
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by iso007 »

Welcome ekdude. I just picked up a wagon myself and i am in the process of finding a place to hide it in the shed so the wife doesn't find it. I agree with trev. Keep it original. Looks like a good unit. Good luck for the future
Ian
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Welcome EKdude, as Trev said drums brakes will be fine. Especially if it's a weekend run around. I found daily use with the drums requires monthly adjustment to keep them at there best especially in peak hour traffic.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
EKDUDE

Post by EKDUDE »

No worries, thanks guys. I had drums all round on my first car which was a HR Holden and i found the brakes good, so shouldn't be too much different. The EK will only be a weekender. I will be starting on the body soon to get her ready to spray in summer, just need to tidy my shed a bit!
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

G"day Bruno
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've got yourself a good car to start with. Great to see another one destined for the road.

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

Welcome Bruno like the wagon enjoy the forum lots to explore here by the way that is a very early built EK probably sharing the assembly line with FB's :)
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
EKDUDE

Post by EKDUDE »

Hi Tim. The Subframe number is EK2986A. Thanks to everyone for the welcome! Cheers Bruno
EKDUDE

Post by EKDUDE »

Thanks Tim, that's good to know! The wagon was also in the RAA anti-theft program so every window is etched - EK219-90A, not sure if this would 'de-value' the car or not. Cheers Bruno
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

Drum brakes are fine, I've had no problem with both my cars, just be aware of the peanuts in front of you.. 8)

But if your following a black Mitsubishi Lancer with hibiscus's flowers and red P plates take the next turn and go somewhere else!.. :mrgreen:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
EKDUDE

Post by EKDUDE »

Hi Wayne. Yes there are a few peanuts around here, at least i'm 2 hours away from Melbourne so it's not too bad here. It's the coastal towns around here where the idiots are who can't drive :shock: Cheers Bruno