Welding/ rust repair help required Tewantin for $

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Qld.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, QLD Mod

Kegsy
State: QLD

Welding/ rust repair help required Tewantin for $

Post by Kegsy »

Hi all, I'm a newbie, first post, and I've just bought my long time dream, a 1960 FB ute.
It's running a 179, Aussie 4 speed, HR disc front and all running gear.
The vehicle has been restored sometime in the last 10-15 years I'd say and is in pretty good nick considering her age.
It's got rust in the usual spots, left and right sills below doors, the box section below radiator and a good sized hole above the drivers top door hinge ( I've got a cut out replacement section coming for direct replacement )
Obviously the windscreen will have to come out so a perfect time to tidy & repair any creeper rust starting around the sill & replace the windscreen rubber.
Ok, my biggest problem is I don't know how to weld, my back is shot to hell & back so simply learning isn't the answer.
Is there anyone local to me who can either help me with their welding skills for cash $, or put me in touch with either an individual or a business who can? I've got a '74 Jeep CJ5 I've been having the same drama with, none of the crash repair businesses are interested at all, they only seem to want the insurance company work.
So, if you're retired or want to make some cash $ on the weekend, AND you know what you're doing, lol, please let me know. Cheers all, Kegsy.