Misbehavin" Martha

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Gingy
State: SA

Misbehavin" Martha

Post by Gingy »

I acquired Martha in 1991, mad keen on restoring cars, this was my baby Chev dream car. I owned at the time an XP Falcon ute, and the Monaro in the background. Coming from the UK I thought the FB's were the most beautiful automobiles I had ever seen. All that chrome! Those fins! My dream car was purchased for a carton of West End.

Jump forward in time. Three kids, break up from hell, renovations to a house, and finally, after a long time get Martha back from the Ex, where she had been in storage for 20 years. Martha spent a year in my shed in Pirie whilst I worked on my house and then came the move to Adelaide.

She is now safely in the shed, and now the work begins!!! I have 2 sets of doors, heaps of chrome, all the glass, a Warmaride heater and the original radio. Good thing about the bush is that she didnt get too much rust!!!!
EK JAY
State: NSW

Re: Misbehavin" Martha

Post by EK JAY »

:thumbsup: Looks like a good body mate look forward to seeing her being put back together
And Welcome mate :wink:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Gingy

Post by Gingy »

Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting her on the road. The last month has just been doing an inventory on parts, and trying to work out the game plan, looks like a 179 and a full synchro box is in order. (because I have been given an EH!)Some great posts on here and my head is buzzing! and the other half is happy because I am living in the shed (he doesnt like cars - computer nerd!)
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

I have to ask, is Gingy male or female?.. :wink:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

I think Gingy is a girl 8)
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Tasek
State: TAS

Post by Tasek »

Hi Gingy,
There seem to be plenty of cars and parts in SA coming up Ebay and Gumtree so worth keeping a look out .

As a Newbie here myself I have been blown away with the feedback given to any questions. I am not saying I personally will be able to help but this forum is a brilliant brains-trust. Good Luck
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Welcome to the forum Gingy, And good onya for being so persistent :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Gingy

Post by Gingy »

Thanks guys for the big welcome!
Yep I am female, but I have been allowed into mens sheds when they know I can pull a red motor to bits and reassemble it. (one thing to thank the ex for!!!)
Just really looking forward to the day I have the rego papers in my hand and can take the old girl for a cruise. She is the same age as my other half, but as he says her suspension is better unrestored! The focus at the moment is rubbing back panels and getting them in primer, until I can get the EH down from the country and start the salvage operations. I will be sure to keep the pictures coming. Bliss is the shed, working on the car listening to music and maybe a cider....
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Welcome Gingy. Sounds like life definitely got in the way as it does that sometimes, but good to see you're about to make a start on Martha. Plans so far sound good.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Gingy

Post by Gingy »

Does anyone know the paint code for the white flash and roof that was coupled with the colour Twilight Turquoise? This was the colour of the donor car which I had for Martha, and unfortunately all those codes have been lost in the passage of time, along with the donor car...Would appreciate getting the white right!
rustysdungers
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by rustysdungers »

You will find its Grecian white that's my favourite colour scheme on a fb can't wai to see some colour on it :thumbsup:
Where were you in '62???
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Hey Gingy
Welcome to the forum, look forward to following your progress and to see what comes out of the shed. Yep, ya need a good shed to escape the rat race.

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

Hi Gingy :)
thought you might like to have a look at
my FB wagon project still under construction haven't done much on it lately
but im about to get stuck back into it :clap:
here is the link there is a few pages but that's the way we like it on here lots of pics
Jay :)

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=4710
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Gingy

Post by Gingy »

Thank you Jay
The more you look, the more you learn and I am getting some really good ideas rolling around for Martha. Thanks for the link!