Introduction

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Jimb83
State: NOT ENTERED

Introduction

Post by Jimb83 »

Hi,

Just thought that I would introduce myself. I have been on and off the forum reading the posts and trawling for all the information that I can since I purchased a FB ute a few years back.

I found this sitting under some trees at a old guys house and thought I would see if he wanted to part with it and for $300 it was mine to take home.

Its 99% complete and came with a few boxes of spare bits and pieces that were sitting in the tray. Unfortunately when I wen tot remove these boxes they floor of the tray disintegrated. There is rust in what seems to be the usual places for what have read for this model. It also has disk brakes which I assume would be a HR set up, he was a horse trainer and used it to tow the floats.

Anyway I am thinking of trying to get it back on the road with doing the minimum that i can. Basically replace the bushes, do a brake rebuild and the big job, remove the rust. Not sure if it will be doable but I think with a bit of persistence and patience I will be able to get it up to scratch. I am wanting to keep the paint how it is now with its patina look.

Thanks,

Jamie
Attachments
image3-1.JPG
image3-1.JPG (113.92 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (108.75 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (87.56 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Introduction

Post by Blacky »

Welcome to the forum mate , you have come to the right place for help getting her done.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Hey Jamie,

Nice ute for a very good price. Keen to see how you progress the wheels, and welcome.

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

Welcome mate, good start next week, Ballerat swap meet.. 8)
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Welcome Jamie, nice find. You don't get them that cheap very often these days. Even if it needs a bit its still a bargain.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Good luck with it.
Jimb83

Post by Jimb83 »

Thanks gentleman,

It was to cheap to pass up no matter the condition of the body butI am worried with what lies beneath. The ute floor is virtually non existent and not just the wood but the steel as well. It looks as though the the floor in the ute has foot wells under the tray, is this the same as a sedan or wagon? I will get some photos up of what it looks like in the tray and underneath currently. I have trawled through every post by title in the paint and panel section and wasn't able to find any details on the ute tray and what is under the wood.

Jamie
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Jamie,
I have a couple pics of my ute floor (steel and timber) that might be of interest to you.

Regards
Stephen
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=17288
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

utes and vans share the same floorpan as a wagon mate
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.