steat belts

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

toey1977
State: NOT ENTERED

steat belts

Post by toey1977 »

anyone know the laws on having seat belts made for these cars i can get the belt from ebay with a 2500kg brake strength then hunt done some original style buckles (mines all miss matched now and has no rears which i want as i have kids) but was wondering whether they have to be tagged (adr) or were these cars never marked on the belts?
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
Harv
State: NSW

Re: steat belts

Post by Harv »

Toey,

It will depend very heavily on how you want to certify the seatbelts, and who does the certification. Some engineers/certifiers want to see tags for Australian Standards compliance, some dont (the same way some want to see new belts, others are happy with belts fromt he wreckers). The basic NCOP guidance is that any replacement or additional seatbelt should be new and comply with Australian Standard 2596 (Seatbelt Assemblies for Motor Vehicles). Best bet is to check with the certifier you intend to use.

As an aside, NCOP also requires that for vehicles originally built to comply with the ADRs (not FB/EKs... unless your engineer interprets it so), replacement belts must comply with ADR 4 or with Australian Standard 2596 (Seatbelt Assemblies for Motor Vehicles), and must:
 carry the manufacturer’s identification, date of manufacture, part number or other identification, such as an E or SAA marking;
 have the fixed part of the buckle either on a stalk, properly adjusted strap or fixed length strap, be located against the occupant’s hip when buckled up and restrained from falling on the floor when unbuckled;
 have webbing and stalk installations such that no obstruction results in a significant change of direction between anchorage and occupant. If such an obstruction exists, a complete analysis of the belt/set installation system must be carried out;
 pass through all sash guides smoothly without any edge loading or twisting which might cause premature wear; and
 provide neat, obstruction free stowage with accessibility and excess length meeting ADR 4 requirements.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

Give JC a ring mate hes the one ya gotta make happy ............Fingers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

toey1977 wrote:anyone know the laws on having seat belts made for these cars i can get the belt from ebay with a 2500kg brake strength then hunt done some original style buckles (mines all miss matched now and has no rears which i want as i have kids) but was wondering whether they have to be tagged (adr) or were these cars never marked on the belts?
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
toey1977
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by toey1977 »

Harv wrote:Toey,

It will depend very heavily on how you want to certify the seatbelts, and who does the certification. Some engineers/certifiers want to see tags for Australian Standards compliance, some dont (the same way some want to see new belts, others are happy with belts fromt he wreckers). The basic NCOP guidance is that any replacement or additional seatbelt should be new and comply with Australian Standard 2596 (Seatbelt Assemblies for Motor Vehicles). Best bet is to check with the certifier you intend to use.

As an aside, NCOP also requires that for vehicles originally built to comply with the ADRs (not FB/EKs... unless your engineer interprets it so), replacement belts must comply with ADR 4 or with Australian Standard 2596 (Seatbelt Assemblies for Motor Vehicles), and must:
 carry the manufacturer’s identification, date of manufacture, part number or other identification, such as an E or SAA marking;
 have the fixed part of the buckle either on a stalk, properly adjusted strap or fixed length strap, be located against the occupant’s hip when buckled up and restrained from falling on the floor when unbuckled;
 have webbing and stalk installations such that no obstruction results in a significant change of direction between anchorage and occupant. If such an obstruction exists, a complete analysis of the belt/set installation system must be carried out;
 pass through all sash guides smoothly without any edge loading or twisting which might cause premature wear; and
 provide neat, obstruction free stowage with accessibility and excess length meeting ADR 4 requirements.

Cheers,
Harv
Great info thanks for that I best be calling my engineer once again

fingers wrote:Give JC a ring mate hes the one ya gotta make happy ............Fingers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah think its time to pester him again
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno