Biggest turnout at the Nats

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

WayneXG95
State: NSW

Biggest turnout at the Nats

Post by WayneXG95 »

Any ideas which club had the biggest turnout of cars at the Nationals?
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Biggest turnout at the Nats

Post by Blacky »

It wasn't WA :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FBeing »

Narranderra I think it was 110?
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I think Wayne meant which club had the most cars at Cowra ??? or have I read it wrong ??????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

Ah yeah. :oops:
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

No fbeing is right.
Sorry I wrote it wrong... :oops:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Trev

Post by Trev »

As it should be being central to the rest, it's just a long weekend for the NSW members wear as other states have a lot more travel to do.
I remember at Yamba talking to a NSW member over a couple of drinks, they were whining about how far it was to drive to Yamba from Sydney!!! And we Vics had done a 12 to 14 hour days drive just to meet them on the outskirts of Sydney.
I couldn't believe my ears.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

That's a bit rich Trev, if you don't like the travel then don't go.

Travelling to the Nats is part of the fun! Travelling to Hervey Bay will be great as we are going to take 3 or so days either side for travel and probably stay up there for a week.

I think Wayne is wondering which year/town had the biggest turn out of cars overall. I'm pretty sure it was Narrarenderra in 2010 (but I'm no expert)
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

With the fear of starting a "bun fight"...I don't think that is what Trev was saying! We too have been in many a conversation where the remark is made "not many here from (state/s )... I do know when we were handing out goodies bags at Sawtell, for the nats here in Mount Gambier I did mention to quite a few people "It will be great to see you in our part of the world".....The answer..No it is too far to travel!!! ..the thing was these people had made up their mind within a few minutes of the announcement, so they probably were not going to go wherever it was. :(
Yep sure finances / available leave come into play...but if you really want to go you will find a way. After all you have 12 months notice.
See you in Hervey Bay
Lesley
Trev

Post by Trev »

FBeing wrote:That's a bit rich Trev, if you don't like the travel then don't go.

Travelling to the Nats is part of the fun! Travelling to Hervey Bay will be great as we are going to take 3 or so days either side for travel and probably stay up there for a week.

I think Wayne is wondering which year/town had the biggest turn out of cars overall. I'm pretty sure it was Narrarenderra in 2010 (but I'm no expert)
Yes it was definatly Narrandera, FB's 50th anniversary.
Pretty sure Steve Jackson took about 10 cars that year too.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

I don't know, but whenever the next nats is announced - it gives everyone 12 months to plan...

I suppose we have to appreciate that when next year's event is announced - there's been an awful lot of work already put in by the hosting club .. they simply don't pluck some place out of a very dark place - then start planning..... so, when we are anxiously awaiting the announcement, we wait... and we judge as to whether we think we can "make" it..... sometimes, a decision is not made for a number of weeks.... but we always "consider"......

In all nats we've been to - the venue has been excellent... and well worth the effort to make... yes, we've missed a few - but of all we've made - they've simply been great - and always well planned out and our attendance has been rewarded ten-fold....

I don't believe it's a case of what state is most represented at any nationals... there should never be a tally made to note which state supports the nats the most... as, I firmly believe we "all" simply know who do the hard miles to make them.... it's not, to me - how many from each state - but who from each state.... and there are many who continually support and represent their club by attending....
There are many, who choose not to travel any more than one day.... and become a little "selective"....

The nats, to me - are all about making them..... and re-acquainting..... there are some from every state - who make nearly all nats.... there are many from each state who only make thier own nats.... there are many who don't travel beyond 1 day from home - there are many who travel up to 3 days each way just to get there....

But, at the end of the day - those who make nearly every nats - know who comes, who doesn't when it's too far and "inconvenient" - and who simply make them - no matter what they have to commit to....

So, from one who will travel 3 days each way to the next HB nats, plus the few days to take in the locale on the way back - I can only suggest to those who are much, much closer than us.... we will commit..... the call is entirely up to you if you want to support the host club - when there are members from that club who consistently support you when your club hosts....

frats.
Rosco
Mick

Post by Mick »

SunnyTim wrote: Oh, and can't wait for the drive to WA!
that'll sort the men from the boys :wink:

Yours Sincerly No1 boy :) :oops: :lol:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
reidy

Post by reidy »

QLD 2015
SA. 2016
VIC. 2017
WA. 2018?
Are ACT still going to jump on board?
Bill 8)
Aussy Edo
State: QLD

Post by Aussy Edo »

I am only about 4 hrs drive away and have every intention of going but as much as i would like to, i can't commit due to my work situation.I might be a "stones throw" away come june next year or i might be working in Darwin :shock: :x , hopefully i can come down from Gladdy for a few days and meet some of you fine upstanding individuals :wink: .
Edo
One Day Hopefully!!
rosco

Post by rosco »

Edo,
fair way off yet, but - if you are still "local" by then - you'll undoubtedly see cars running through most areas on their way to HB.
The show'n'shine will be on the Sunday - it runs for quite some time whilst peer judging is done...
If you can't enter because of work commitments and will be in the district - pop into the show'n'shine and meet up with everyone...

frats,
Rosco