SMS Auto Fabric Reproduction Trim

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

SMS Auto Fabric Reproduction Trim

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Guys,

please read my post on this mob. Wayne has had good dealings with them recently via another Aus company.

I have had a terrible time with them. Not dis-grudging Wayne but I thought everyone should know this before committing any order as they want full payment up front.

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 84#p206384
stinky
State: SA

Re: SMS Auto Fabric Reproduction Trim

Post by stinky »

You are not an orphan Craig.
A quick Google search for SMS will reveal a multitude of disgruntled customers, most eventually get their orders and are happy.
America's Better Business Bureau also has a file on them - http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-revi ... r-22017298

Myself, where do I start?
I investigated getting the swirly rooflining from them for the FE/FCs.
It took 3+ years from initial email to delivery, along the way were countless emails and silly questions from them. They also managed to send the first roll to Austria and had to wait for it to return to them before being re-directed to Australia and when it arrived it was the wrong colour. Thankfully it was the baby blue and I could at least sell it. Of course it was full payment up front.

August 2013 I paid upfront again and promised they "were shooting for 3 weeks" and they had the cheek to tell me not to mess around too long with making payment.
This order was for another roll of roof lining in the originally ordered off-white and a roll of their "in-stock" vinyl. Again countless emails and promises. Despite sending some NOS samples of the colours that I was after I was asked to approve a picture of a sample that they emailed me, I refused and sent them the best sample I could find for them to match to. They went quiet again and I have barely heard from them this year despite regular emails.
If I didn't have so much money laid out I'd write it off, a bad, bad company to deal with.
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

I don't know how to reply to this but all I can say is I ordered a roof lining off the pattern Craig sent them and got in about 6 weeks.
My trimmer ordered the materials for the interior trim and it took 3 months.
:shock:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

All good Wayne,
There's probably two issues that stick out for me.
1. I think the headlining pattern and your seat inserts (random star and the pattern for your inserts) is something they have already produced over there for US built cars, and
2. SMS probably prefer to deal direct with companies than people that are overseas to them for bigger profits and more future orders.

None of this is directed at your success you have had with them. I'm personally wrapped that you have got your trim and I assume your happy with it. As I've stated I started out with SMS as the guinea pig for everyone else, but I didn't think it was going to be such a drama for me. I'm a bit disgruntled with them in that I've copped such shit service and delays and I still don't have all my trim after 14 months....and after paying upfront.

In reality I'm disgruntled, jealous, wrapped for Wayne, impatient, and a sook :lol: I guess its small price to pay if I can get this done. I'm half way there after getting the Red Fleck and assuming I have success with the bolster patterns and door trims, it will be a major step forward for a lot of other people that have been searching for so long.

Again Wayne, its all good, enjoy your car and your achievements with it. She's a beauty and I cant wait to see it.
Cheers.
:thumbsup: