FB Special Glove Box lid

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Viper
State: NOT ENTERED

FB Special Glove Box lid

Post by Viper »

Can anyone please tell me if the FB Special came out with the "special" badge on the glove box lid? They're about 6" long and came out on the EK Special, I think, but i'm not sure about the FB????? Any info would be great thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Re: FB Special Glove Box lid

Post by Craig Allardyce »

The badge on the lid does not match the letter style for the S that is on the guards of an FB but does on an EK. I've been told they didn't come with badges on the FB glove box lid, only on EK's, BUT I'm probably going to be shouted down on this one, I reckon they may have been a dealer add on (after-sale accessory) for FB's when the EK came out (Factory EK excess stock pushed onto dealers to sell).
I've traced the owner history on my FB and from what I have found it looks to have been the original paint on the lid (not repainted to suit and under coat matched all other panels). I'm still in contact with the second owner who never added or modified the car in his time and assures me it came like that from the original owner with it. The car in its spec then was still unmodified but with the usual NASCO optionals and most likely bought that way on the original purchase. That bit I cant prove as yet. Knowing the amount of stuff that cross pollinated between FB's & EK's at the factory you'd think the dealers may have done a bit too. When I stripped mine down last year for paint the lid paint matched the car and the badge clips were the original for that period. I just cant see why someone way back then would go out an out to fit an EK glovebox lid to an FB that was all together factory standard with some NASCO options. Maybe a lot of EK's fell to bits back then and all the spare glovebox lids with badges got given away to sympathetic FB owners. :hehhh"

P.S. this is not discounting a lot of people fitting badges to their FB glovebox lid and "all of them getting them in exactly the same place" :wtf:
Last edited by Craig Allardyce on Wed May 21, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viper
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: FB Special Glove Box lid

Post by Viper »

Thanks heaps Craig. Go the Series 1 I say :wink34: