Opinions on Trim Colour Choice

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

kelleigh54
State: WA

Opinions on Trim Colour Choice

Post by kelleigh54 »

Last year I bit the bullet and bought a finished EK , as being an old buggar I consistently wondered how I was ever going to find the time and energy to finish off the FB I was building .
As nice as the car is , it is not all to my tastes and among the changes I will be making is a complete re trim .
What I have in mind I can't seem to find elsewhere , so , either my tastes are in my rectum or maybe I am just useless when it comes to envisaging an outcome .
So what we have is a modified EK sedan painted in Poison Ivy ( VE Commodore dark metallic green ) and I am thinking a deep rich red leather and leatherette through out , something simple but tastefully executed and makes a statement of comfort and difference .
Any input is appreciated .
Leigh
I would rather work on a Morris 1100 than use a computer !!!!!!
Blacky

Re: Opinions on Trim Colour Choice

Post by Blacky »

Heres a pic of the car in question , I am thinking a cream or tan leather/suede combo ???

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

Red and Green, should never be seen (together) :dohh:
Just kidding, it could be a little too much though. You should find a blanket or sheet in the colour you are thinking of and throw it over the seats to see if you like the colour combo.
Darker, "richer" coloured cars tend to look better with a lighter more neutral scheme, where as lighter cars can carry a darker interior well.

I agree with Blacky and think a two-tone tan interior would look good. At the end of the day it's your car and your money though.
kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

Thanks for the photos Blacky , Waste of time me trying to put them up . I agree with you , the cream , tan concept would go off with the dark green . That was the colour that came to mind when I first bought the car but am trying to move away from the usual with out turning it into a stuff up .
Good point about throwing a fabric over the seats to see how it looks and yes Stinky , it is personal choice . That is what makes our cars unique but a wise man should listen ( or in this case an old fart without taste ) to many .
The other point is that the family car or should I say the wifes car which is a 79 SLE Statesman in Cypress Green ( almost a gum leaf colour- metalic ) with what I would call Camel interior , it is a fabric that almost looks like camel skin . I think it looks bloody brilliant but do I want two vehicles in a similar format Hmm ?
If a rich red is out of the question then it may have to be a tan , would like to hear more input regarding other colour choices though
Thanks Blokes
Leigh
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Have to agree tan! But stinkys suggest is brilliant for trim choices, so simple but perfect to see what you'd get.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

What about an EK GTS , black vinyl with houndstooth inserts :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

Now that's what I am looking for .... Left of centre
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

If you want left of centre, do it like my '64 Chev !!!!

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Well it is green so perhaps croc skin throughout haha

Cheers
Nathan
kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

Geez Blacky , I want to enjoy some cruising , not having my car turned inside out by Mr Plod looking for guns and drugs .
Or throw out the picks at the lights and end up with a cactus garden in the back of your neck .
Crock skin ! now that's another avenue . If the Mexicans saw the Chev , they would say " Now that's an Interior " and If I had Crock skin I could say " Nah ! that's not an interior , this is an interior " ...... Yeah alright , I know .http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/posting ... 29&t=20119#
EK JAY
State: NSW

Post by EK JAY »

hi mate
my old ek sedan has white interia and was a similar colour to yours and it looked good
and stayed reasonably clean even with 4 young kids it was done in marine vinly so is sun hardy and easy to wipe of any spills
also included a photo of my wagon seats there done in buckskin /early commodore colour I think would suit the green also

EK JAY SINCE 1990
Rebuilder
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Rebuilder »

Hey Jay,
That green green car with the white interior really looks the goods! :wink:
EK JAY
State: NSW

Post by EK JAY »

:lol: :thumbsup: green's nice
EK JAY SINCE 1990
kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

Thanks Jay , I agree , it does look good .
Problem with me is that I am looking for something different to the usual combo's .
Kinda stuck between .... play it safe and being different . I expect this will be my last car and as I didn't do the actual build , I need to make it my own , leave my own mark on it . Sounds a bit like a dog pissing on a lamp post eh ! The existing interior is different , but not to my liking .
Leigh
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

What is the interior like Leigh ? Text me some pics and I will post them up .......