April Run Sunday 13th of April Portsea Quarantine Station

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

Sarah
State: VIC

April Run Sunday 13th of April Portsea Quarantine Station

Post by Sarah »

Meeting at Eeny Meeny cafe 96 Young Street, Frankston 9am departing at 9.30am.

Point Nepean is truly one of Victoria's beautiful natural landscapes. A special place with so much to see and discover. It has a rich history and played an important role in shaping the early settlement, quarantine and defence of Victoria.

Those of us with iPhones, iPad or iPod please take the opportunity to download the app found at the below link. This will provide you with an self guided audio tour of all that can be seen at the Quarantine Station. Otherwise and iPod & headphones can be hired for $12.80.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks ... audio-tour

Please come dressed for possible cold and windy weather, (or sun). Also bring drinks (water) & nibbles as there is no cafe. This run will involve 2.6km walk along the scenic coast line (each way) from Gunners Cottage to Fort Nepean. Otherwise there is a bus available that will take you for $10 a bus timetable is available for viewing once there.

More info can be found at the below link. http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks ... ional-park

Any problems feel free to call me on 0403 381 840, All members and non members welcome.

Thanks
Sarah
rosco

Re: April Run Sunday 13th of April Portsea Quarantine Statio

Post by rosco »

Apologies to the club, Sarah - we won't make this one either..... my future son-in-law's "buck's" see's us on the other side of the bay for the weekend - the "Mihendi" is being held here... so, I have to go - to get away from it.... looking forward to rejuvenating my youth....

Hope you all have a great day - give us a wave across the heads.....

Have we heard any more on the Anzac Day parade request?..... less than 3 weeks to go - we'll be away for quite a bit leading up to it.... just like to cement something into the diary...

frats,
Rosco
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Apologies from us as well :esad: It is our Holdens of Age Car Club's 15th birthday on Sunday :clap:
have a great club run, looks excellent
Lesley and Roger
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hello Rosco, Lesley and Roger!

No to worry about this run. Lesley and Roger would be quite a trek for you both! You both have fun events to enjoy!

Rosco, Chris (the fella who will definitely email you, soon approx 19th-20th of this month) has to wait till the RSL meeting to be able to organise the running sheets. Your definitely on for the morning of Anzac day, I'll ensure you are up the front as I recall you have wedding activities looming.

Thanks
rosco

Post by rosco »

Thanks Sarah - would appreciate earliest possible departure - the celebrant is now "doing" a dry run at the venue - and I'm required to do the "father" walk down the aisle (or equivalent) after lunch-time....

frats,
Rosco
Craig Allardyce

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Have a good day everyone. Sadly We couldn't get the car to run right in time so we couldn't make it. Hopefully today we'll have a better run at it.
The weather gods are shining too so it should be nice down there for everyone.
Cheers :thumbsup:
Please post lots of Pics too
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

That's a pity Craig, my cars off the road have brake problems, but almost fixed. I didn't get car photos if anyone else did please throw them on here!