Mirrors

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

Mirrors

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Show me your external mirrors please as I am tossing up to use HQ mirrors or 4" pep mirrors, I am a bit concerned about how much you can see with peep mirrors , HQ mirrors may look out of place even though it isn't stock I know it's my car and I can do what I like but I am having trouble visualizing it
BILLY :arrow:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Mirrors

Post by Blacky »

I have no external mirrors on my ute and it can be a PITA , my sedan had peep mirros and they worked well.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
kel3629
State: VIC

Post by kel3629 »

My EH has 4" pep mirrors. No problems at all
bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by bootlegger »

The hq mirrors will look crap. If you cant get the original ones id go peep mirrors or period wibroc style ones.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Have a look at some of the American websites , I buy a lot of stuff off Ther Filling Station - http://www.fillingstation.com , they have heaps of different styles of mirrors and they will freight via USPS so the freight wont break the bank.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
CHOPPED
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by CHOPPED »

got little 4 inch one on the ute
work fine mate
HEY IT WASNT ME
Harv

Post by Harv »

I went the 4" peep for the FB... can see no problems.

Be careful with a car going for engineering though... VSB makes the ADR's compulsory for mirrors ("A flat or convex external rear vision mirror complying with the latest version of ADR14
must be fitted to the driver’s side of the vehicle")... check that your engineer doesn't want to see an ADR compliance sticker (some do).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

Had a small peep mirror on the green sedan drivers side only i think it was a 4inch no dramas seeing
would look much better then a hq one
EK JAY SINCE 1990